Archinect
anchor

Professional Portfolio

row_your_boat

Dear Archinect Community,

I'm putting together my work samples/portfolio to embark on a new job search.  The last time I put together this material, I was a recent M.Arch. graduate with little/no professional work.  I have been working at a small office (<20 people) and have no contract/HR guidelines.

What is the correct way to include office work in your portfolio?  Some project I have worked with a team, other I have been the sole designer/drafter.  Some drawings I have been the only person to touch, others have been a group effort.  Do I need to list everyone by name?  What about private clients vs. developers vs. commercial clients?

Thanks for all your advice and assistance!

Feb 18, 14 4:54 pm
ark1t3kt

IMO, only include projects where you were a major part of (i.e. job captain, PM, PA, etc.) and only your "best" ones (quality over quantity). Give a brief description of the project and your involvement. Give credit to your employer as it is their IP, not necessiraly every person by name.

When I created mine a few months ago, I split it up by project type (commercial, industrial, municipal, educational, etc) and included 2 to 3 examples of each. I used 2 pages for each project (facing) with a combination of plans, details (non-typical), pictures, and narrative. Whatever helps you tell the story of your involvement.

Search issuu.com for examples, it helped me a lot. You can find some examples on here as well.

Feb 19, 14 2:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: