Archinect
anchor

possible courses for masters in hospitality architecture

rutuja2891

hello, i am a final year student of B. arch from Mumbai University and doing my internship in mumbai. i have completed my thesis and 1st half. i m interested in further studies. i m interested in hospitality architecture and design. i m doing lot of research regarding this to find courses abroad in the same field. however there are more of management courses rather than design. but i want to work in design only. can anyone suggest me what possible course i can do to work in this area of architecture in future. can a hospitality management course help me? there are few short courses available in Europe. would that help me? also few universities suggested me to do masters in interior architecture. how much would it help me? please share your views and suggestions. 

thank you.

Feb 17, 14 10:16 am
iasr1101

Hi, I was wondering if you ever got any answer or if you found any master about hospitality architecture and design. I have the exact same problem searching a master course to study abroad, all I can see are a month courses about that or a more generic master of interior design. I'll keep searching, but if you did find anything about hospitality architecture I hope you can share it in this page. I'm sure there must be a master degree in that field. Waiting for your reply.. 

Thank you very much. 

Dec 11, 14 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

I've worked as a designer on hospitality projects in the past and know many others doing so in China and the US. I'm not aware of any special training for this. Everyone I knew studied architecture or interior design in a normal accredited program. One colleague focused on hospitality as a student by developing a thesis project around a specialized hotel - it was a big advantage for him in finding a job.

I would recommend going to a respected architecture or interior design program in a city where you could get an internship with a firm specializing in this. Work experience counts for a lot.

Dec 11, 14 11:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: