Archinect
anchor

14-16 young architect/designer forum

trecaines

Is there anyone who is between the ages of 14 and 16 who wants to be an architect and is proficient in auto cad, 3ds max, vray and photoshop? Just wondering because I haven't seen much young people taking to architecture, many of them seem to be worried more about popularity and   "swag" I just want to know what the next generation of architects and designers are going to bring to the stage and what my competition as a young architect myself, is going to face! 

Feb 15, 14 6:49 pm
KECS

I'm 16 and (at the moment) want to become an architect/developer. I recently got auto cad but haven't had the time to learn it yet. I know how to use photoshop... And i'm not interested in popularity or "swag".. haha

Feb 15, 14 7:19 pm  · 
 · 

If I was at the age of 14, I would have surrounded myself in the art scene, and try to soak up as much as I can, experiment with things and explore new perceptions. Computer softwares are an integral part of Architecture, and one needs to keep updated with it. But, I feel at your age, you should be doing the previous one and at the same time balance with the later one.

If you're referring to the "teens" as the "young generation of architects", then you're totally mistaken. As far as I know, in architecture, it's the mid 30-s and 40s which is termed as the teens in architecture.

Architecture is more about art, exploration and patience, than popularity, swag and competition.

Feb 15, 14 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
camhard

At that age, focus on software if you want, if you're fooling around with it, but who cares if you can draft a building. Sagar is on point that it's much more about art, exploration, cultural immersion, having fun etc. 

Feb 16, 14 3:05 pm  · 
 · 

Anyone who wants to be an architect needs to have a lobotomy.

The NYT has an article today on interships repacing entry level jobs, and how many interns go from one to another to another to another ...

Millennials Feel Trapped in a Cycle of Internships With Little Pay and No Job Offers - NYTimes.com

Feb 16, 14 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
seebear

Yea your question is suitable for 14-16.
I would say you can use those programssssss if you intern in an office for 3 months. So why people care so much? hahaha

What paid is not that you can use the software, anybody can use it. It's easy, like driving taxi. Just be you and make people pay for you.

Feb 20, 14 12:28 am  · 
 · 
seebear

oh .. hey one more thing.

"Just wondering because I haven't seen much young people taking to architecture, many of them seem to be worried more about popularity and   "swag" I just want to know what the next generation of architects and designers are going to bring to the stage and what my competition as a young architect myself, is going to face! "

?????
my suggestion is to get rid of those attitude of yours.
For me, I don't care competition in generation bra bra bra. boring.
I don't even care if any body start studying architecture at their master degree.
Or even don't study architecture at all. Go ahead live your live, be a boxer, be a carpenter, sell some marble, etc. When you are smart you are smart.

Feel me boy?

Feb 20, 14 12:42 am  · 
 · 
kinsealler

Hello, My name is Hung. i am a 14 year old who is currently very pationate in becoming a architect one-day... in my country there are talks of fellow students becoming architects because thats what thier fathers and mothers did, but i felt a deep sense of passion for achitecture. and will be going to DT Igcse early  next year.

Currently i am doing errands for teacher by doing small scale designing- birdhouse, windows etc. along with my friends we started a company called Raiazen taking payment as 50,000 vnd and preferably a pizza.

And yes, i am proficent in Autocad - but i use Skecthup more as i cannot afford other professional program, i would like to challenge you. But preferably i would like to learn from other architects (apart from my father) and possibly you... 

if you would like to contact me: you would like to use facebook (srry my mail is just broken) My fb is = LyallKins btw.

Good luck for the years to come my fellow architect.

Apr 23, 17 11:40 am  · 
 · 
kinsealler

Sound like a cult. srry.

Apr 23, 17 11:41 am  · 
 · 
kinsealler

and yes i am naive.

Apr 23, 17 11:55 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: