Archinect
anchor

GSD / Sci-Arch / AA / Bartlett / M.Arch waiting waiting waiting.for decision?

back_forth

Haha sorry Marina, I'm still anxious for my other schools too! 

Feb 20, 14 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
etinoco

Hp87 okay thanks! Keeping my eyes peeled and my email refreshed every second 

Feb 20, 14 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
RhinoTRAP

In at UT Austin for MLA w/AP.

9 more to go!

Feb 20, 14 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
Roshi

Excited for you guys. Looks like a lot of schools are slowly trickling in. Just need to take our minds off this now and let them surprise us.

Feb 20, 14 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

Wow Rhino, you must've spent a fortune on applications! Congrats!

Roshi, you're right, I wish I could stay off of Gradcafe. UGH!

Feb 20, 14 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
AJ_Urbanist

Gradcafe is the worst right now! I set up IFTTT push notifications anytime an "Architecture" result is posted, but I'm still frantically checking it, just incase my notifications aren't working...

I got a call from UCLA earlier this week. 

Waiting on Berkeley / GSD / GSAPP / UWashington / U of Toronto. And to hear about the joint planning degree at UCLA. That would really bump it up the list.

Good luck to everyone waiting for results!

Feb 20, 14 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
lataco

@spqr

Cong~! Which program did u apply to? Also applied to Yale but haven't heard anything? Anymore information concerning your application and admission?

Feb 20, 14 9:29 pm  · 
 · 
spqr

MArch I

Feb 20, 14 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
lataco

@spqr

Did you hear anything from Yale before this notification of admission?

Feb 20, 14 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
spqr

Nope, just got an email saying that my application status had changed, and followed the link to the letter.

Feb 20, 14 10:48 pm  · 
 · 

@gbear.

Thanks! atleast now I can wait patiently

Feb 21, 14 1:45 am  · 
 · 
darth_arch

@AJ_Urbanist, the gradcafe page has been open on my browser for the past three days. Makes no sense closing it, I end up refreshing ever hour or so. 

Still waiting on the GSD, Smarch-MIT and Cornell.  

@gbear, noticed your from Mumbai ! Which schools are you applying too? Im from Chennai  :) 

Feb 21, 14 3:25 am  · 
 · 
darth_arch

My bad, sorry @gbear, above message was meant for @Illa D'cruz..

Feb 21, 14 3:26 am  · 
 · 
anonla

@RhinoTRAP - Which schools did you end up applying to?

I have applied to five programs (in US and Canada) for MLA AP:

Berkeley, GSD, Penn, U of T, and UBC.

Still waiting to here from all of them... !!

Feb 21, 14 10:10 am  · 
 · 
RhinoTRAP

@kayelbee

Ah, good to have some MLA company on here!

Applied to UVA, Cornell, GSD, LSU, Penn, Penn State, Berkeley, Texas, VaTech, Georgia.

I have my favorites, but trying maximize chances of good finaid.

Are you applying for AP because you have an arch background or a landscape background?

Best of luck!

Feb 21, 14 11:19 am  · 
 · 
archifrench

@RhinoTRAP @kayelbee

Nice to see other MLA applicants ! 

I got an interview early this week with GSD for their MLA 1AP, they told me that results will be out the first week of March ! Fingers crossed !

Good luck to everyone :)

Feb 21, 14 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
RhinoTRAP

@archifrench

Hey welcome to the party!

Where else are you applying? I think the bulk of my decisions should arrive that first week. Penn says decisions will be posted online on the 14th.

I'm crazy far from all the school, though, so no visits for me.

Feb 21, 14 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
archifrench

@RhinoTRAP

I also applied to Penn, Berkeley and Cornell !  The wait is slowly killing me, I'm so stressed ! 

I am an international applicant, so I'm also far from all the school, I would love to visit if I could. Last year I did visit Berkeley and the studios was pretty cool !

Feb 21, 14 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
anonla

@RhinoTRAP, @archifrench

I'm going to start a separate MLA 2014 Discussion. It'd be great to hear your previous experience, education etc.

Feb 21, 14 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
gbear
@ Archifrench
À quelle école d'architecture française as tu étudié? Pour ma part j'étais à Paris val de Seine quand les atelier était encore au beau art. Je suis en train de finir mon bachelor en architecture à UC Berkeley. J'ai déposé un dossier d'inscription pour Berkeley et aussi pour le GSD. Laisse moi savoir si tu as des questions sur le collège of environmental design de Berkeley. J'ai discuter avec le dean il y a 2 jours et il m'a dit que les réponses devrait être envoyer par email le 1er Mars. A+
Feb 21, 14 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
archifrench

@gbear

J'ai étudié à l'Ecole Spéciale d'Architecture où j'ai obtenu mon Master d'Architecture. Si je suis pris à Berkeley j'aurai surement pleins de questions à te poser ! Merci de l'offre !

Merci pour l'info du 1er Mars ! Es tu français ou américain ?

Feb 21, 14 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
etinoco

Received acceptance email from ASU this afternoon. It was my last choice but hey it's something. 

Anyone know if ASU is hard or easy to get into? Don't know how proud I should be

Feb 21, 14 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

You should be proud, you just got into architecture school!!!

Feb 21, 14 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
regina11

Congratulations to all who got admitted to architecture schools.

I am an international applicant. I also got admitted to U of Kansas, but no scholarships or financial aid.Though I had opted for design & build track, they were unable to give admit to that track and admitted me to their M.Arch general design option (with advanced placement) which is also NAAB accreditted. 

The final year professional options other than Design & build that are likely to be available are:

1) Health and wellness

2) Urban design studio

3) Globalized practice

4) Visiting critic studio

I understand the health and wellness track but not sure about the rest.

Estimated expense for an year at University of Kansas is $44,000.

Did any of you get scholarships/financial aid?

Could anyone please help me so that I can make a better decision?

Thanking in advance.

Feb 22, 14 2:02 am  · 
 · 
CJagani

Got Acceptance from ASU - M.Arch (3+) , from computer science background(currently in  final semester).

@SalemWitch - Do you know whats their joining date?

Wait-listed at U of Texas Austin!

Does anyone know how many students they put on their waiting-list?

Should I be expecting a call from U T Austin or not?

Feb 22, 14 2:59 am  · 
 · 
regina11

I am an international applicant. I  got admitted to U of Kansas, but without scholarships or financial aid.Though I had opted for design & build track, they were unable to give admit to that track and admitted me to their M.Arch general design option (with advanced placement) which is also NAAB accreditted. 

The final year professional options other than Design & build that are likely to be available are:

1) Health and wellness

2) Urban design studio

3) Globalized practice

4) Visiting critic studio

I understand the health and wellness track but not sure about the rest. Does anyone know about the above mentioned options?

Estimated expense for an year at University of Kansas is $44,000. 

Without any financial aid, it would be tough.

Did any of you get scholarships/financial aid?

Could anyone please help me, so that I can make a better decision?

Thanking in advance.

Feb 22, 14 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
etinoco
@Hp87 yea good point lol. Thank you!

@CJagani well I think you need to get back to ASU with whether or not you're joining by April, and I believe the 3+ program starts over the summer
Feb 23, 14 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

Almost there!!!!

Feb 24, 14 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

Hey guys! 

In at UCLA and Tulane (2yr). Super surprised and excited to have early choices!

Still waiting for Oregon, UW, Michigan, Minnesota, UVA, GSD, GSAPP. I too have become a gradcafe addict.

Does anyone know much about the Portland program at Oregon?

What about UCLA? All departments at UCLA are good, but as a Californian (although NorCal) I've never heard much about the program. It seems hard to justify paying for 3 years when I could do two.

Feb 24, 14 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
SpatialSojourner

I have a friend in the Portland program and it seems like they are having a blast.  The program feels to me to be very pragmatic and sustainability focused.  

UCLA - It's a fairly well respected program (IMO), I'm surprised that you've not heard much about it. The AUD is filled with some amazing West Coast starchitect power (Thom Mayne, Greg Lynn, Neil Denari, ect).  It's definitely and avant garde design-centric program.  The three year program instead of two is what steered me away from applying, although I regret it.  I also have a friend from undergrad in it and they seem to be really enjoying it. 

Feb 24, 14 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

Wow, thanks for the quick response! Good to hear about the Portland program; it sounds fun! (Well, as much fun as 2 years of no sleep in architecture studio can be.)

Yeah, I'm not sure why I haven't heard much about UCLA. I know about the starchitects, but am not sure it holds much weight for me. I'm more interested in a program that will allow me to pursue interests beyond a generic academic architecture education (and to some degree, how much weight it will hold when looking for jobs upon graduation).

Anyway, I plan to be at the Open House, so hopefully they will convince me. I'm excited to hear from the other schools—we should all hear from Michigan this week!

Feb 25, 14 1:32 am  · 
 · 
as22

Hey everyone!  I was accepted to UCLA, still waiting on a bunch more schools, but very excited!  I would really like to try to make it to the open house, does anyone know when it is??

Feb 25, 14 10:52 am  · 
 · 
iematraveler

I believe it will be March 31. See you there!

Feb 25, 14 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
insomniarch

UCLA March 1 or 2?

Feb 25, 14 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

I wonder if UCLA notified everyone that they're going to admit by now...

Feb 25, 14 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

@insomniarch I'm an M.Arch 1; the open house is at the end of March

@Hp87 I doubt it. If you look at gradcafe in 2013, UCLA accepted people until early March, then again in April. Good luck!

Feb 25, 14 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
remedios521

Congrats to all who heard back! 

Can't stay away from thegradcafe. Alas, I still need to hear back from all the schools I applied to (UMN, GSD, UPENN, UW Seattle, UO Eugene). UMN said the first round should be out by 24th of Feb, but still nothing. This wait is killing me, can't focus on my last semester ahhhhh 

Feb 25, 14 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
etinoco

@Hp87 GOD I really hope not. I was looking on GradCafe and iematraveler has a point, so hopefully all they did was let the priority people know first, and are not done with their final decisions just yet. 

Feb 25, 14 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

I wouldn't be too upset if I don't get into UCLA because out of the Cali school USC is my first choice.

Feb 25, 14 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
etinoco

UCLA is my first choice school, so I'm bummed I didn't get the priority call. Welp, time to continue the waiting game.

I'm surprised ASU and U Austin already sent their decisions and the other schools aren't until mid March. A bit annoying 

Feb 25, 14 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

Don't be bummed. This whole thing is so subjective. I heard of someone who got into Harvard AND Columbia and not UCLA. Besides, an early or late acceptance is the same in the end. 

Waiting is tough.

Feb 25, 14 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
etinoco

@iematraveler Wait really? lol what kind of... Well thanks for that. I kind of see why or how they accept some and deny some depending on school, considering it's all pretty much up to what your portfolio is like and who reviews it, but I just wish they could all get back to applicants on a timely synchronized manner. welp.

Feb 25, 14 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
polarcracker

@iematraveler thanks for the information, it really make me feel less anxious. I got waitlisted at UT-Austin about a week ago. Does anyone know how likely will I get into the program? It is one of my top choice.

Feb 25, 14 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
atjk

Hey,

I applied to MIT for M.Arch AP and I received an email last week that my name is on the wait list. Anyone knows how many people they usually put on the list? and if anyone has ever got into the program from wait list?

Thanks

Feb 27, 14 1:12 am  · 
 · 
dailyarch

@atjk

You have a fairly big chance. I heard MIT is generous but I guess I'm just not good enough for them to give me any money. So big chance that I don't go, so that you can pay them the full tuition.

Feb 27, 14 6:52 am  · 
 · 
C. Watts

Bad feeling about UCLA  :(

Feb 27, 14 8:29 am  · 
 · 
atjk

@johnvivi

thanks for the reply. Did you get in to 2.5 year program? With no funding I don't think I'll be able to afford it.

Feb 27, 14 8:47 am  · 
 · 
dailyarch

@atjk

Nope. I applied for AP but they decided I have to do 3.5 yrs.

So I guess I'm 90% not going. Good luck.

Feb 27, 14 9:37 am  · 
 · 
Roshi

Does the fact that MIT is already alerting people that are wait-listed mean that they have sent out all of their acceptances?

Feb 27, 14 11:40 am  · 
 · 
qtthai

I'm wondering the exact same thing :( I hope not!  The anxiety has been eating away at me. 

Feb 27, 14 11:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: