Archinect
anchor

Really, what boundaries have you pushed?

SDR

Someone should punch that little red punk in the face !

Oh no, wait -- I love Elmo.

Oct 24, 09 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

LOL SDR.

But maybe she needs a Tickle Me Emo doll instead?

Oct 24, 09 9:10 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

wonder if a lesbian falls in love wif a gay man (and vice versa) push any boundary?

Oct 24, 09 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
hey zeus

being normal is such a boundry to push.

elmo - big black man doing the voice there.

Oct 24, 09 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
hey zeus

or tennesse could try to win a football game.

go 'bama.

is it just me, but i hate jesus freak tebow! fuckin' scripture every weekend, and the dudes a virigin! NCAA div I virgin, what the hell is wrong with this guy? perfect example of USA, second to crazy Jihad Suadi's in ridiculous religious culture..

as i play Sammy Hagar's "Heavy Metal" you see that south park with Kenny high on cat piss....

yeah.

Oct 24, 09 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
hey zeus

you know why i hate Tebow...

because Jesus would of said,"yeah fuck it, it's a football game, but what are you brothers of humanity doing after the game? i was thinking like risk, monoply, or poker, and some OJ and eggs kickin' it to DC talk for like an hour or two, i mean i have nothing against Black Eye Peas or Metallica, but man they curse a lot, but hey Owen Wilson is like my cousin and we'll be cool...you know i don't really care about superstition or being first."

Tebow will wear half a scripture if he ain't doin well, and lord knows he is competitive.

i just don't see jesus being competive feak like tebow.

just sayin'...mississippi state win somethin!

Oct 24, 09 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
syp

I am just wondered...again...

Maybe, we are, yet, not against the boundary because most of people in this posting are making fun out of the boundary...

Maybe, we are pretending to be on the boundary like we architects pretend to know something really "serious" all the time.

Oct 25, 09 12:09 am  · 
 · 
hey zeus

seriusly boundry man, seriously!!! do i even know how to spell that.

Oct 25, 09 12:16 am  · 
 · 
syp

Sorry, I am from a country that uses other language than English.

Maybe, I am on a boundry as a foreigner in USA.

Oct 25, 09 12:21 am  · 
 · 
hey zeus

was not making fun of you my friend
was making fun of the point
if i can't spell boundry, what boundry have i made.

Oct 25, 09 12:27 am  · 
 · 

syp, to put it another way, there are at most one or two examples within this thread of someone actively having pushed a boundary. (metababble, you seem to have confused rage with pushing a boundary.)

Might we then conclude that pushing boundaries is uncommon, and muddling-through, (drunken) rage, and even pretense are common?

Does pushing boundaries a least require a metabolic (destructive/creative, challenging/advancing) imagination?

Oct 25, 09 10:11 am  · 
 · 
aspect

the ultimate boundary of architecture is gravity. we are still sitting, talking and waiting for others (scientist, aliens, yogi) to give us the guiding lights...

Oct 25, 09 11:16 am  · 
 · 

Might we then conclude that passive is common, and active is uncommon?

Oct 25, 09 11:30 am  · 
 · 
aspect
just do something!
Oct 25, 09 11:44 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

At the moment I am trying out landscape painting as above, but as thar is an urban scene I created a group for just that at "Paintings I love".

Beside 3dh I been develobing a number of new methods that allow me to image your portrait in way's no one ever thought of, someone proberly say "You just ust a projector", but I learned from places like this just to let them stay with their images, -- nomatter how wrong they are, and once again challance them to deliver something better. Those methods is not avaible for free you see, and I can see no one thought about that either.

So while you been sitting behind your keyboard, just waiting for some new naive charecter who realy can push the limits, I been perfecting 3dh, perfecting my StreetArt, recived high recomodations about my portraits, and I love how you hate me for that.

Scorpion ;

Oct 25, 09 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Check
www.ArtWanted.com/PC

That's my galleri little people.

Oct 25, 09 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Pusherstreet....

Oct 25, 09 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
NLW2

I wonder how many people have pushed the boundary of pushing boundaries without being all "I push boundaries and you don't, loser."

Oct 25, 09 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Nice, NLNW2.

Oct 25, 09 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
syp

Very Nice, NLNW2.
I guess, not pretending to push the boundaries is architect's boundary.

"Shock Me",
I am not sure contemporary society is analogous to a "living being",
so I am not sure metabolic imaginations can explain about boundaries.

In terms of neo-materialism that you quoted, the contemporary is more like machinic rather than organic.

Oct 25, 09 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
syp

metababble,
as long as I know, "to spell" something is never "to do" something.

Oct 25, 09 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

be a sport, show us what u got^^

Oct 25, 09 10:27 pm  · 
 · 

most boundary pushing people don't give a fuck nnlw2. that's why they are on the edge. if they were worriers they wouldn't be able to take the edge-life.

the ones who keep count/score can only do so by looking backwards after it is too late to actually be there when its happening.

far too many dingbats get a kick out of feeling bigger by trying to make others feel smaller. not sure why, but those folks are never on the edge, just wish they were.

anyway, who cares? push boundaries, say you are pushing boundaries and don't, or just sit and watch, as long as everyone is happy why is this even a concern?

Oct 25, 09 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
NLW2

jump, you can't just nullify a whole thread just like that. Dang man.

And to counter your first point: Dan Phillips, of the Phoenix Commotion. He's a humble boundary-pusher if I ever did see one. He gives a big fuck too. So big a fuck that he wants others to push the boundary he's working on further than he can muster. And it's one of those save-the-world boundaries at that, not street art or Pope rules or anything silly. Drop that ego and you can start a big useful boundary pushing movement faster than you can say 'I DID IT'

He's old though, and probably pretty wise. I don't know if (m)any of us are at that point yet. I'm sure not, but someday soon I will be.

Oct 25, 09 11:46 pm  · 
 · 

ah i am just suspicious of the intent nlw2...don't mind me.

if its to keep score and put people in their place then am not sure it matters.

pushing limits is important for all kinds of reasons. keeping track here, unless its to join in? not sure of the point.

apologies, if i wrote unclearly. what i meant to say was i don't think the people who actually live on the edge are interested in what other people think of them. it is kind of a requirement for being there...

...isn't it?

Oct 26, 09 9:58 am  · 
 · 
randomized

discussing the pushing of boundaries or claiming you're pushing boundaries is so meaningless if it is for the sake of pushing boundaries alone. like claiming you're part of the avant-garde, you cannot claim it, you either are or not. who decides where the boundary is that's being pushed? or maybe what is a boundary for one is an open field for others. when one thinks he/she is pushing boundaries, maybe the boundary retreated or moved on and your swinging punches in a vacuum.

Oct 26, 09 10:23 am  · 
 · 

Vatican Psycho (1972)

American Psycho (1991/2000)

decisions, decisions (everyday)

I like the incidental box and blob architecture all over the floor.

Now imagine it's 1963 and you're seven years old and this is one of your favorite television shows.

See, there's an answer for everything.

Oct 26, 09 10:25 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

(those gold shoes are probably more expensive than all the other shoes there combined... if they're the brand I think they are!)

It's clearly obvious now... those shoes push the boundaries of both taste and financing.

Oct 26, 09 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

sophistic and so phallic

yonically, pulling inwards:

an x-friend: i enjoy being surprised
i: if your mother suddenly died, would you enjoy that?

Oct 26, 09 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

I pushed the leaf of a hinged door today. The door swung open and I walked through it... Amazing.

Oct 26, 09 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

lately i've been trying to teach a neighborhood cat how to smoke. it hasn't been going so well, but i think that if i'm successful then i'll have pushed some kind of boundary with this effort.

Oct 26, 09 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
stefjam

how about redefining what is possible/impossible... or expected/unexpected even in an odd case scenario.

i.e. walking down a public street naked. unexpected and an odd case scenario, but not boundary pushing. this is a situation which has occurred before, and gets attention, even punishment... but is not outside our realm of possibility. since it's been argued there is no new experience, is boundary pushing currently defined as a mishmash of behaviors/actions that culminate in something unexpected? even if each of those behaviors viewed independent of one another are not necessarily out of the ordinary?

Oct 26, 09 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

most often the pushing of boundaries comes with a hoax

Oct 26, 09 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

but i like the design of that chair^^

Oct 26, 09 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

hey bourgeois, i am thinking of taking a map of philly when i go to chicago, any thoughts?

Oct 27, 09 8:44 am  · 
 · 
syp

Boundary is "BWO"(body without organ) but not an odd imagination...

Oct 27, 09 9:39 am  · 
 · 
aspect

and sometimes u may have been pushing the wrong boundary but ppl kinda like it^^

Oct 27, 09 10:03 am  · 
 · 
syp

Maybe, it is...^^

Oct 27, 09 10:10 am  · 
 · 

b3ta, at least you're thinking.

Oct 27, 09 11:39 am  · 
 · 

...and make sure your zipper's up.

Oct 27, 09 11:42 am  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

i am more prone to the former and less of the latter.

Oct 27, 09 12:52 pm  · 
 · 

The first time I went to Chicago I took my bike, but I didn't take any map.

It was late summer 1978, and going from Perry, MO to Chicago for the weekend. Sunday morning left the downtown hotel and biked down to IIT and then to the Robie House and then over to the Lake Shore and then biked all the way along the Lake up to Oak Street Beach and took a dip in the Lake and then it was time to drive back to Missouri. Saw twin rainbows in the Illinois sky on the way 'home'.

Oct 27, 09 1:23 pm  · 
 · 

Just went to one of the local branches of the Free Library, a 1960 building very much inspired by the buildings of IIT (I'll have to take pictures some day). Anyway, while the other was looking through the CD collection, I browsed the new fiction section and unexpectedly found Asterois Polyp

"Who is Asterois Polyp? Architect, professor, author, husband--but that was all in the past. Now, as he marks half a century, he's become a shadow of his former self. But it's a stormy night, and a lightening bolt is about to set him on a fateful journey.

Acclaimed cartoonist David Mazzucchelli has masterfully crafted an enthralling story that plumbs the possibilities of the graphic novel and steers it into thrilling new territory."

So far it looks very interesting, inspirational even.

Oct 27, 09 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

"In September, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in an interview with The Associated Press that the Americans had violated the law by crossing the border."

Iran Accuses 3 Americans of Spying

Nov 9, 09 2:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: