Archinect
anchor

MIT - SMarchS in Design and Computation

Marina CM

Hello all!!

I applied for entry in the SMarchS in Design and Computation program that MIT offers, for next academic year... has anyone been there?? What is it like?? Can I also take courses outside the School of Architecture?? I am also a Computer Science student and I am very interested in taking courses in the School of Computer Science... will I be allowed to do that?? Well that is in case I get admitted! haha

Feb 5, 14 6:48 pm
xdfwx

I'm in the SMArchS program right now, but not design and computation.I'm 100% percent sure that you can take courses from any schools and departments, which is the advantage of MIT.

Feb 17, 14 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
darth_arch

Hi xdfwx, are you by somechance in the Arch+Urbanism program ? Any details about the program would be great. 

Heres a bit about myself.

Im 23-Indian-Subpar GRE Score (306). Internship at Prof.Mehrotras practice in Mumbai and around six months of teaching experience at the university here in India. Four letters- from the dean, two professors and one from the office I worked at. 

Unsure about my chances and the odds of making the program. Also have applied to the MAUD program at the GSD.

Feb 17, 14 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
Marina CM

hey xdfwx, thanks for the answer!! i hope i get into MIT, seems to be a great fit for me

Feb 19, 14 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
kadam-patil

hey xdfwx which is the most common language used for programming in the computation group is it python or some other language ?thanks

Feb 19, 14 10:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: