Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Crit

strahinjap

I'm a 3rd year bachelors student at the University of Belgrade and I've just finished my portfolio for my Master's applications. I could use  some constructive feedback, I know these posts are annoying, but I would really appreciate your comments. :)

http://issuu.com/strahinjapetrovic/docs/strahinja_portfolio

I don't know if this is relevant, but I was looking into these schools:

The Oslo School of Architecture

Politecnico di Milano

TU Delft

The Bartlett

Edinburgh College of Art

The University of Westminster

The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts

Feb 2, 14 1:05 pm
Thecyclist

On page two, it reads "Space nad Shape" instead of "Space and Shape". Is Faculty of Architecture supposed to be School of Architecture? In the barriers project, you might want to say "encounters during his or her life".

Feb 2, 14 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
strahinjap

oops, didn't notice that, thanks :)

Feb 3, 14 10:58 am  · 
 · 
strahinjap

it's called the faculty of architecture :)

Feb 3, 14 11:00 am  · 
 · 
camrwalker

You should look at each individual institution for a clear understanding of what they require for their application portfolios.

TU Delft for example:

What to include in your portfolio:

The portfolio cover should include your full name and contact information.

Number and nature of projects:
· Include a total maximum of 5 projects.
· Include no more than 2 professional projects.
· Include at least one individual project.
· Include your final project (if you have not yet completed it, include your most recent project).
· At least one of the projects included should clearly demonstrate your capabilities with respects to structural and technical project viability.  We highly recommend that these structural and technical aspects are exhibited in either the final thesis project, or alternatively, your most recent or most advanced level, project.

Project Documentation:

Per project include:
· concept sketches, showing preliminary visual (and verbal when relevant) development of ideas, approaches and methods and showing how you organise your ideas.
· finished drawings of original design work, documenting in a clear and precise manner both the intention and the resolution of each project.
· a written explanation (in English) of the design concept and solution Here you should include the inspiration behind the project as well as the goals and objectives of the design.
Please note that for all drawings we require you to include the name of the author.

Per project define:

· name and location of the project
· if it is academic or professional
· if it is individual or group work
· your role in the process
· your exact contribution to the project
· the level of the project (year/semester of your study in which the project was carried out)
· date when the project was carried out
· name and email address of the supervisor of the project

You should make sure you stick to these guidelines and ensure that you do so for each university you apply to. TU Delft are especially strict and will not consider you if you do not precisely follow these instructions.

Mar 21, 14 7:52 am  · 
 · 
strahinjap

Mar 21, 14 1:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: