Archinect
anchor

Norway - job

Warmic

Hello,

I have question to all people who lives in Norway.  Can you tell me about job situation in this beautiful country (of course for architects)? I'm postgraduate architectural engineer from Poland with 2 years experience. Thanks for all answer.

Jan 12, 14 11:30 am
citizen

I think it's pronounced "yob" over there.

Jan 12, 14 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

(Sorry... I just couldn't resist.)

Jan 12, 14 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
Warmic

:)

Jan 12, 14 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I know, I'm terrible.

I don't know if there are any Norwegians posting on here, but I hope there are, and that you end up getting some information.  Good luck on the job search...

Jan 12, 14 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

Reason #698 to prohibit new members from posting new topics until they have at least 10 posts: inability to use basic archinect search functions.

If you can't perform a basic search for information do you really have the skills necessary to be an architect, or even put your pants on all by yourself?

Let's call this a Mommy, Mommy! post.

Jan 12, 14 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
observant

And how will the beauty help you exactly?  It is depressing there.  A Norwegian woman told me that Scandinavians have been conditioned not to show their emotions because, historically, they would send their men out to sea to fish, not knowing if they would ever come back.  Ever watched footage of the North Sea dance around an oil drilling platform?

Go to Wlochy.  It will be crazy. It will be fun.  It will be sunny.  Some of your people will be there.  Did I mention it will be crazy?

Jan 12, 14 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
Alien 8

…what do you mean by "your people"?

Jan 13, 14 12:32 am  · 
 · 
observant

^

Why don't you read the OP?  Also, you're not the OP.

Jan 13, 14 11:32 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

miles, please don't post that again.

Jan 13, 14 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
arkitekt i norge

..I have been live in in Norway for almost an year and I still haven't found a job here..Unless you know Norwegian SERIOUSLY consider coming here at your own risk!! The European market is down..and this is a developed country with a minuscule population and ridiculously expensive hence not much of exciting construction happening here to be honest.Also the firms rarely reply to you if your resume is not in "Norsk".Mind you people speak good English here..but they still need the language for some reason..also learning language here in 3500 NOK per month!!!Convert it..you'll know!! So basically no job because no Norwegian ~ And learning Norwegian fucking expensive ~ Life is tuff!!  A well known firm is keeping me as an option and giving me false hopes from last two months that they will give me a position..but in reality are waiting for their Norsk speaking architect to come along!! I know far too many stories of people desperate to find a job here..some from top ranking colleges with killer credentials but not Norsk!!  Don't come here unless you have a lot of money to survive between jobs. However people in general are nice and welcoming..but they will behave better if "Du er Norsk".

Apr 18, 16 8:17 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: