Archinect
anchor

Lady Gaga: Architectural Cipher

liberty bell
Via Flavorwire.

Anyone else ever dreamed of designing clothing, as the first step in housing the body?

Aug 8, 09 10:46 am
b3tadine[sutures]

sure have. i expect a laufian re-enactment post very soon. her is crazy cool.

Aug 8, 09 11:30 am  · 
 · 

fashion medium as message

says the same on the front

Aug 8, 09 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
rondo mogilskie
Aug 8, 09 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i searched the world over
for my angel in black
i searched the world over
for my euro trash girl...

Aug 8, 09 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

A friend from high school deemed me Euro Trash Girl...

Aug 8, 09 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
simples

i am not convinced she is the best example of designing clothing, as the first step in housing the body? interesting and entertaining sense of style yes...housing the body...don't buy it...but hey...that's me...and i am no lady ga-ga

Aug 8, 09 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
simples

how about issey miyake as a link from fashion to architecture?

or

Aug 8, 09 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

I heard she's a hermaphrodite!

(Off topic: she's a rip off of all the other electro girls. The only difference is she's the only one who will "tune it down" enough to be on the radio.)

Aug 8, 09 3:02 pm  · 
 · 

Just in case it isn't obvious, I like fashion that has a point.

Aug 8, 09 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
binary

thrift store

Aug 8, 09 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
LaTe
To
PaRtY
!!!
Aug 8, 09 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
binary
to bump up vado's party a bit
Aug 8, 09 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
msudon

what about that severe lady from project runway (season 3?) who was an "architect" from new york-unsure of her precise title- married to another architect and made rlly uninteresting clothes? total early chanel hard-on.

Aug 8, 09 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
rondo mogilskie

"I heard she's a hermaphrodite!"

http://www.wwtdd.com/2009/08/there-are-you-happy-now/

Aug 8, 09 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

And your point?

Aug 8, 09 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I love the Lady GaGa/Jane Jacobs side by side shot. And I want Jane Jacobs' coat from the photo.

Aug 11, 09 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Klaus Nomi as architectural cipher:

Aug 11, 09 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Hussein Chalayan's been doing it for a while now. I think one of Gaga's outfits may have been designed in collaboration with him.

I have to admit, she is so kooky that I am starting to believe her when she says she's an artist. A performance artist anyway, her music is mediocre. She's no Laurie Anderson.

Aug 11, 09 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

While I like Hussein Chalayan's work, sometimes it feels a bit too literal. But I guess that would be opposite the fashion norm.

Aug 11, 09 6:35 pm  · 
 · 

The Skin and Bones exhibition at LACMA a few years ago made an interesting if at times tenuous connection between architecture and fashion. High fashion tends to present idealized future worlds and fantasies through clothing in ways that architecture seldom gets to explore. Lebbeus Woods, Raimund Abrahama or Shin Takamatsu seem like likely fashion architects.

http://www.archpaper.com/e-board_rev.asp?News_ID=3683

Scott M B Gustafson
maison-orion.com

Aug 19, 09 11:06 am  · 
 · 
feelit

It is helpful to look back at the history of the relationship between architecture and fashion. Or, since the term fashion conjures up images of constantly changing trends tending towards the frivolous rather than the practical, perhaps we should reduce both terms to their basics: Clothing and Shelter. And going back to the beginning it’s interesting to note that the same material that covered the bodies –animal skin – was also used as a covering for early transportable tent-like structures.

Aug 21, 09 8:15 am  · 
 · 
aspect

i do not like geometric fashion, it makes woman looks fat n ugly.

Aug 21, 09 8:52 am  · 
 · 
feelit

I believe geometric fashion can be absolutely amazing if the person knows how to wear these types of cloths. Fashion is not only about putting on some really famous tagged pieces but also in the attitude you have when you put those cloths on. So it's not easy jobs but that's way not everybody can wear this. It's beyond Stellenmarkt fabric, cut, color...

Aug 25, 09 7:40 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Think Lady Gaga is all fashion, no talent? Think again.

I unabashedly love this woman. And, I unabashedly love Ike Reilly, too.

Nov 25, 09 9:03 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

this was when she was known as LadyNoraSarahToriGaga.

Nov 25, 09 9:06 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

kid: is this song gonna be on your record?
ike: yeah
kid: do you think anybody will buy it?

Nov 25, 09 9:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: