Archinect
anchor

looking for business partner - architect

saiapd

registered architect, running own individual practice (columbus - oh) looking for another registered architect (marketing oriented) or professional (that is able to take on marketing efforts - as I'm more design oriented) that like to join in. equal efforts, equal payments, etc. all fair. must be very professional, computer savvy and effective communicator and reach to target. I have + 12 years of experiences, so I'm looking for someone with similar experience. send an e-mail to : architect70 - at - gmail.com to start the discussion. we will take it from there.

Jul 28, 09 3:05 pm
dsc_arch

wow, 311 views but no posts.

There are a lot of great nuggets to discuss here:

How do you define equal efforts if one person is Mr/Mrs outside and you are mr./mrs. inside?

How long have you been running a practice?

From time to time we have entertained bringing on a technical lead to do the duties of Mr/Mrs inside. We always looked at a multiple of .66 average 5 years earnings to define firm vaule and a buy in based on that amount.

Anyone have experience buying in?

Aug 2, 09 8:20 pm  · 
 · 
eigenvectors

architecture firms are not worth any buy-in, really, unless they had 30 year contracts for doing all new wal-marts in China or something....

Aug 2, 09 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

I don't agree.

If I had to do it all over again I would have bought into an established firm instead of building one from scratch. It took at least four years for me to feel comfortable with all aspects of running a firm. I paid for my MBA at the school of hard knocks at least five times over - yes costing about $1,000,000.00

After 11 years I feel we have a solid reputation in our community and that too has value. Our process, our staff and our client add value to our company.

Before anyone takes a shot that a low fee can loose a client. Well it can and it does. However, when we have lost a client (not a customer) on price they have always come back and have us pick up the pieces.

Aug 2, 09 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
saiapd

Hi guys, thanks for comments - this is not a "Goose that is laying golden eggs" - it was built from scratch with lots of effort. As it stands now it is not too profitable, as for past two years - due to family commitments = kids not in school yet - I couldn't move after projects/opportunities and I picked just what I was sure it could be accomplished. Now I'm more flexible, yet I need another team member(s) to somehow re-start the whole thing and speed up all. I much prefer a marketing oriented person (in that case it does not need to be a licensed architect), as I'm more design oriented and I can cover that side, however any other serious option is ok with me. Equal efforts, equal payment means persons that will join the company will be doing it at a partnership level and will get a chunk of the company with responsibilities and revenues, based on their status. I'm not looking for employees as I'm looking for business partners that are serious and able to take on tasks without supervision, and are very careful at any steps we take.
So whoever is seriously interested, please sent an e-mail at:
architect70 - at - gmail.com
and we can start discussing first details.

Aug 3, 09 11:44 am  · 
 · 
elementica

Hi,  

I am jumping onto this old thread to see if anyone is seeking!

Looking for a qualified architect or structural engineer to form a partnership in Manchester. Pursuing residential, refurbishments, high end interiors and civic spaces.

I qualified in Interior Architecture but am self taught as an architect, so unlicensed.

Anyone with a serious desire to help lead and with a similar design vision, please contact!

www.elementica.co.uk

Lauren

May 15, 16 11:54 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

What's the purpose of the partnership?  Is it just to have somebody who can stamp drawings?

And would a structural engineer want to partner with an interior designer?  It doesn't sound like your anticipated work would involve much, if any, structural work.

May 15, 16 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
livingstoneambani

Hi comrades,

Am a Kenyan practicing in the field of architecture with 7 years’ experience, seeking to partner with like-minded person in propelling an already registered company to the next level.

Currently in Nairobi.

If interested please contact: [email protected]

Aug 31, 17 3:38 am  · 
 · 

Do you do kitchen remodels?

Feb 2, 19 10:24 am  · 
 · 
poop876

There we go Miles! Also, I'm wondering if they could do furniture design!

Feb 4, 19 1:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: