Archinect
anchor

What's the deal with Naked Dudes at the Gym?

snooker-doodle-dandy

I want to know what is the deal with the  Naked Young Dudes at the Gym?  Then there is all those ladies...not going to touch that with my  eleven foot stick.

Jan 17, 15 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
mightyaa

This thread is making me laugh.

I know some of those who shave there and do the morning ritual.  It's basically where they shower because at home, they've got a couple rug rats / wife who always use up all the hot water in the morn... so it's the one place they can shower as long as they f'n want without it going cold or having someone tell them to get out.  So, they get up, slap on their gym clothes, hit the gym, shower/shave, put on the suit and go to work.  That's sort of the 6am crowd.  Several of my friends do this either at the gym or golf clubhouse.  Oh and funny enough, I've known a few to use the gym facilities because they essentially don't have plumbing where they sleep (either renting a cheap cabin like arch interns living in Aspen, and/or are remodeling)

Oh and lol... my Dad, being the architect he is with 3 kids, solved the am dilemma by installing a hot water heater exclusively serving the master bedroom toilet. I'm eyeballing in-line commercial heaters...

Jan 20, 15 11:32 am  · 
 · 
Saint in the City

Still funny:

Posted by wurdan freo:

[–]Mozamblake 3246 points 9 days ago*
Old guy walks down the street and feels a little bit of concern when the young toughs walk by. He feels vulnerable, having lost the strength of his youth. Maybe some of his hair. A few inches of his height.
In the gym, these same young toughs parade around - lifting the heaviest weights, admiring themselves in the mirror. Flirting with the ladies. Standing tall. Walking strong.
But in the locker room, you are in my domain. I have seen enough of life to no longer give a shit what other men think of my naked body. While younger men are still a bit self-conscious of their penis size - especially in comparison to the size of their biceps - I don't give a shit. I walk around fearless. I prop one leg up on the counter and blow warm air through the grey hair on my balls with impunity. I laugh to see the younger men cringe.
You young bucks may be parading through early life with your youth, arrogance, and naivete. I am marching towards the gates of death - naked, unashamed, and with my balls dry and freshly powdered.

Jan 20, 15 11:59 am  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Since this thread ended up referencing a naked Santa Claus, I only thought it appropriate to resurrect given the season. One year later... still funny. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Dec 23, 15 2:35 pm  · 
 · 

This thread was/is hilarious and yes, the image of a proud old guy blowdrying his balls will make me laugh all holiday long. Merry Christmas, wurdan!

Dec 23, 15 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Wasnt there a story about this in the nytimes a couple days ago?

Dec 24, 15 4:11 am  · 
 · 
spookym123

"What's the deal with Naked Dudes at the Gym?" Because, that's what it was designed for. This question is funny as hell to anyone familiar with the origin of the word "gym".

From the Online Etymology (the study of word origins) Dictionary

gymnasium (n.) Look up gymnasium at Dictionary.com

1590s, "place of exercise," from Latin gymnasium "school for gymnastics," from Greek gymnasion "public place where athletic exercises are practiced; gymnastics school," in plural, "bodily exercises," from gymnazein "to exercise or train," literally or figuratively, literally "to train naked," from gymnos "naked," from a metathesis of PIE *nogw-mo-, suffixed form of *nogw- "naked".

"...literally "to train naked," from gymnos "naked".

Jan 19, 17 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
mjbj1971

well i am 48 and grew up with the shared shower in gym class and when i went into the military it was the same thing through boot camp but even when i got to my final post the bathrooms were a swinging penis fest and no one thought any thing of it. So when i go to the gym i get naked to change to my gym cloths and when i am done i get naked to go to the shower and back. A large part of it is i dont care what other people thing also. If you are so insecure in your man hood that you freak out over another guys privates then it is you that has the problem, it is something that all men have and yes there are different sizes shapes and colors but when it comes down to it we are all the same. That being said i dont make a effort to hang out as long as i can naked either, but if you want to look at my self proclaimed sexy body in all its glory then more power to you. lol but you are not getting an extra show.

Jan 4, 20 11:11 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Nice necro

Jan 4, 20 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

“if you are so insecure in your manhood that you ...” ... need to necro a 3-year-old post to pat yourself on the back about your own body ... oh wait ...

Jan 4, 20 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

Jan 4, 20 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

Jan 4, 20 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
Jasker51

my bf said the only guys that are naked at his gym are the old guys and one younger one with an abnormally large penis . I think the latter does it strictly for shock value or street cred, either one . 

Feb 4, 20 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Your BF likes to stare

Feb 4, 20 10:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: