Archinect
anchor

The Implosion of the Democrat Party (hang on while I get some champagne...)

drums please, Fab?

Hilary?   Hillary?

LETS DO THIS.

Jul 28, 16 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

Keep voting democrat. 

It's worked so great for the African-American community. It's worked fantastic for labor unions. It's been great for women, keep going down the "progressive path" and end up like Sweden.

Ignore reality. Follow the pejoratives and buzzwords. Keep fighting each other, keep listening to HuffPo and Buzzfeed. Keep propping up your safe spaces and beating the drum of social justice and silencing differing views. Keep the status quo of our fucked up beyond belief immigration policies. Keep devaluing our currency and ignore the insurmountable debt. Start more proxy wars without congressional approval. Make everything "free." Ignore the rule of law, punish anyone who opposes you. Rule through executive order, ignore checks and balances.

Let your party lie to you and rig your own election. 

Keep political dynasties in power. Wreck the supreme court and burn the constitution so I won't even be able to offer a differing opinion 4 years from now. 

From 1981 to Present Day - A Clinton or Bush has been involved in the inner workings and policy making of the federal government. Keep political dynasties in power and keep the status quo of crony capitalism and destructive foreign policy. 

The fact that you can have a differing opinion is what makes this country great. The country I live in now doesn't even have that freedom. Heck, you can be jailed for "hate speech" in some European countries now with no due process and a board of justice similar to forum admins on twitter. Live abroad and get some perspective. Live in a communist country before you keep chanting feel the bern. I actually have, it's not all it's cracked up to be. 

No political post on your newsfeed or discussion over dinner ever changed anyone's opinion. Don't expect that to happen here either.  

Jul 29, 16 1:18 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

I believe in a Woman's right to choose.

In fact, it's the only issue that decides my vote.  A Woman's body is hers to do with what she wants.  And if it is her desire to invite Hil(l)ary in to her house and punch her face then goddammit, this is America, and we need to make this happen.

THIS IS MY FIGHT SONG!

PUNCH OUT HER LIGHTS SONG!

Jul 29, 16 1:38 am  · 
 · 
jla-x I think we are already on a "bumpy path to something better" and have been my entire 50 years on this planet. Very slow, very bumpy, but what isn't?

I met with some refugees this week (interestingly I'm not allowed to say from which country) to work with connecting them to local job opportunities. They had to leave their home in an exceptionally dangerous, horrifying, painful way. Now they have essentially nothing and are trying to start over. I don't want that kind of revolution in this country, no. I do want a government that gives a damn about poor people in our country, and will actually *listen* to those of us asking for change, and I know the current Rs are not that party. The Ds can be, but it means a lot of work by regular people holding their feet to the fire.
Jul 29, 16 6:06 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

LITS - nice post. +++ .....Donna I think all anyone saying is your geniune care and character is not reflected by the people you may vote for. there is absolutely nothing genuine about Hillary.......say it with me - HILL LARR EE

Jul 29, 16 7:23 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

yeah you keep holding their feet to the fire, and they'll keep holding their fist to your face,

Jul 29, 16 9:33 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

So much fisting discussion. 

Jul 29, 16 9:53 am  · 
 · 

Olaf I know it's boring and trite but as I get older I see how much compromise is necessary.  Serving on non-profit boards and doing work in the public schools and etc etc all of the messiness of life becomes more apparent.  Of course there are lines I won't cross, absolutely, but I look for the best choice, realistically. The Dems at this point are offering more that is in line with my values  -and more concrete plans for how to get there -  than anyone else. Tim Kaine is like a poster child of being a good statesman and citizen - and I'm sure even he has some skeletons and bad decisions in his past. But overall, a Republican win, especially with this slate, is far worse for more people than a Dem win.

Jul 29, 16 10:32 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Really Donna?  We are involved in wars and proxy wars everywhere....The environment is a mess on so many fronts that It would take me all day to elaborate.  The middle class has been destroyed.  Corporatism is out of control.  The us is starting to smell more and more fascist each day... Civil discourse is non-existant...pop culture is so dumb it's like something from a dystopian novel...besides SOME civil rights issues like gay marriage we are not "progressing" in any way...I think it's great that we've achieved many civil liberties, but thats only a piece of the puzzle...

Jul 29, 16 11:29 am  · 
 · 

I'm not saying that anything you just wrote isn't true, jla-x. But several people have been asking the question about the current turmoil in politics in comparison to 1968, and the constant answer has been that things then were FAR worse and people were FAR more scared for the future in 1968. The internet lets people connect and I do think *for the most part* that connection is being used to serve a betterment of society.

...and, again, even if the internet is used for horrible things (which it is) that doesn't mean I think it will get any better if we end up with Trump appointing a Supreme Court justice or two.

Jul 29, 16 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

But Donna, all of the progress we've made goes right out the window without a stable and sustainable society and environment. I'm not hearing any big ideas on how to achieve that from the major parties.  You'd think with all the discontent we would have a sort of intellectual revolution of ideas with some plans and visions for the future...but instead it's more of the same beurocrats and plutocrats playing political chess...People want/deserve more than that.  I can respect differing opinions on how to get there, and I really don't know what the best way is, but we need candidates who belive in some long term goals and values, and who genuinely care for the well being of the people and the planet.  The dem and rep. Parties are old and corrupt...one party appeals to ignorance, anger, and fear, the other party appeals to the ones who fear the later.  It's a ridiculous scenario.  Win or lose, we need new parties with ideas to elevate the public discourse...

Jul 29, 16 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Imo, political parties are stupid.  We should abolish them completely and have a nation of independent thinkers...and publicly funded elections....but then the media couldn't turn it into a football game...it's really sad and frustrating.  The system is not working when someone like Trump can muster up that much support.  Much of it because of team loyalty and the overall divisions people have been forced/persuaded into through the political media with their stupid simplistic red-blue maps and one liner talking points....  

Jul 29, 16 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

dems don't die they multiply.

Jul 29, 16 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

The media's football game, I like that. I stopped watching Tv about 8 years ago. I wish everyone else would turn theirs off too. 

The Tv was on the other day and I put my eyes on it and felt so stupid being advertised to like that and talked to like that. Flashing pictures and one directional information is so dopey and old-fashioned. And people love Tv, they live in it, as ubiquitous as the walls... 

Jul 29, 16 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

I really wish the entire election was just this: http://www.bustle.com/articles/175626-these-bill-hillary-clinton-balloon-drop-memes-gifs-will-make-you-laugh-out-loud

Jul 29, 16 2:18 pm  · 
 · 

jla-x, one of the two main parties very clearly says they want to address climate change. The other says it isn't real.

Keep in mind one of the conventions was held in Cleveland, where the Cuyahoga Rivier sued to catch fire regularly. In Portland in the '50s a fish lowered in a little wire cage into the Willamette River downtown died within two minutes. The Willamette is now a river you can swim in; I don't know if you can swim in Cleveland but it isn't flammable, at least.

Things *do* slowly get better. They also get more complex. No political party is perfect, including the alternative ones, but the Dems are more interested in working on complex problems; the Repubs want to turn everything back to the 50s when we just didn't acknowledge that problems existed.

Jul 29, 16 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Even if the minor party candidates stood a chance of winning, I'd still vote for Hillary.

Jul 29, 16 4:53 pm  · 
 · 

Those gifs are a blast, tduds.

Edited to add: remember I said one of the reasons I dislike the Republican attitude is it's mostly things I dislike about myself and constantly fight to overcome? There's a short video out there of the white middle aged Republican delegates dancing up a storm (to My Sharona, apparently). Their dancing is embarrassing to the human race and is *exactly* how I dance. Dammit.

Jul 29, 16 4:55 pm  · 
 · 

Saw this posted on the face books while some people were arguing about voting third party instead of voting for Hillary this November ... made me laugh:

Let Me Remind You Fuckers Who I Am - Medium

Jul 29, 16 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

I love this so much right now

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/bill-the-balloon-guy?utm_term=.nnpe7JeJ#.farzoqzq

Jul 29, 16 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

^ I imagine Bill is the same way around boobs. Balloons kinda look like boobs. 

Jul 29, 16 6:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: