Archinect
anchor

searching for St Peter's Basilica blueprints

spike

Hi

I have been searching high and low for precises measurements for St Peter's Basilica in Rome for a small project my son is involved in.  I am not an architect so please forgive me for the intrusion, I just thought that this would be the best place to find what I am looking for.  I have come across sites on the internet such as saintpetersbasilica.org which have dimensions to the structure but they seem to conflict with other sites.  I have also come across a lot of architectural drawings of the structure but none have measurements.  The precise diameter of the interior of the dome, the precise height of the facade and the precise diameter of the ellipse where the obelisk stands are things he is looking for.  Could someone please point me in the right direction ? Are there blueprints available with these measurements? a book perhaps or an accurate survey something like Flinders Petrie survery of the great pyramid. I will be really grateful for any help with regards to this matter.

Kind regards

Edwin

Dec 6, 13 8:43 am
Non Sequitur

What's a blueprint?

Dec 6, 13 10:42 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

I have a scan of that page.  Give me your email and I will send it.  

Dec 6, 13 11:40 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

for the archives:

Giovanni Battista Falda's etching of st peters and Bernini's, uh, square, can be found on artstor.

1673, plan only, with a scale in palmi. I have a small (but decent) jpg of it . . .

Dec 7, 13 1:04 am  · 
 · 
spike

Thank you very much for the assistance people.  My email is [email protected] - jla-x if 

Dec 7, 13 9:43 am  · 
 · 
Jenna Kim

jla-x

Would you like to send me that page? I need it too.

[email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Jan 16, 17 1:24 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
So Jenna, great idea to add "kkk" after your name in an email address.
Jan 16, 17 7:33 am  · 
 · 
randomised

And the previous poster was a wizard.

Jan 16, 17 7:46 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Amazing the email addresses people use for real correspondences... I'm gonna use [email protected]

Jan 16, 17 7:59 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^Too late

http://www.penisland.net/

Jan 16, 17 8:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: