Archinect
anchor

>>>nature >>>architecture >>>nature >>>architecture

Nov 28 '13 7 Last Comment
daniele scarpa kosdaniele scarpa kos
Nov 28, 13 6:02 am

Nature + Architecture = Corinthian Capital

Nature + Art = "Untitled (Structure Eating Lettuce)" by Giovanni Anselmo

http://www.wikipaintings.org/en/giovanni-anselmo/untitled-sculpture-that-eats-1968

snooker-doodle-dandy
Nov 28, 13 9:32 am

Kos Scarpa Kos Meet Glenn Small, Father of Green Architecture.

Kos Scarpa Kos
Dec 14, 13 11:37 am

>>>the major difference between my concept and his concept is that I exclude the green-jungle-Tarzan for any project :))) 

And now, onto my "green". I haven't the intention to do anything definitive here more point out the various different ideas that have led us to where we are today... in the beginning of the architectural orders there was 1 capital, and it was “green-acanthus”: Corinthian Order, to be precise...

Kos Scarpa Kos
Dec 17, 13 2:16 pm

>>>untitled capital

Kos Scarpa Kos
Dec 17, 13 2:30 pm

<<< trying to figure out  what  doodle-dandy looks like... then who knows maybe  d-d is 1 true Byron!  Please clarify, I always find your post very Byronesque

doodle-dandy?

Peter NormandPeter Normand
Dec 30, 13 1:41 pm

Look up Louis Sullivan and spend the rest of your winter trying to figure out his unique designs.

Makes Corinthian columns look like a bunch of weeds.

Kos Scarpa Kos
Jan 5, 14 11:13 am

Peter - that also brings me to the point that architectural details reveal the architect's intentions and his method.
Architects typically use either "inductive" reasoning, that is thinking forms from details to a general principle, or "deductive" thinking, that is resoning from a principle-project to various potential single elements...
Sullivan versus Hadid?

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading