Archinect
anchor

Op Art Architecture

I am a fifth year student and I would like to focus my thesis on the relationship between Op Art and Architecture. Currently I am struggling to find an architectural program that I could possibly connect with this form of art. Op Art creates the illusion of movement within the static; so I began to think of somewhere that could benefit from illusions of movement within constraints. I immediately thought of a female prison. Women are subject to societal expectations to the point of feeling entrapped. In prison, that feeling of entrapment is not just a feeling, but a reality. With the use of Op Art I wish to evoke the sensation of freedom in a place that demands limitations. 

Does anyone out there have any suggestions of other possible programs where Op Art might benefit? 

(and/or)

What are your thoughts on the female prison?

Nov 12, 13 7:57 am
javieradelosangelesmesalopez

Hi Angela,

How are you? I´m a fifth year student too, and I am also interested in Op art related to Architecture.

I don´t have enough knowledge yet, but maybe we could be in contact, for making some project in the future.

Here is my e mail: [email protected]

Best regards!

Apr 13, 17 10:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: