Archinect
anchor

academic portfolio question about directing the reader

awesomekeith

i have a question about portfolios 

should i expect the reviewer to read through my portfolio in order and from top to bottom and left to right ?

how can i control the reader to interpret the information in the order that i designed ? 

Because I am assuming they do not spend much time reviewing each how important is it that i explain every detail? 

MY spreads are very diagrammatic and the text is not so important, at least for the project i am working on i am trying to get most of the explanation out on the very first page with the intro, however I am wondering what if the reader skips over the intro page ?  

I have seen some really minimal portfolios, mine is not one of those unfortunately .. 

also any advice on managing work  ? Because its almost fucking november already i have 5 more projects to get in  and i am finally just barely getting a handle on the first 1 I have been working on it for a month. I am working between illustrator photoshop and indesign also i have to photograph my models and even rebuild some of them .. what im asking is for advice on managing my thoughts, multi tasking, prioritizing etc. whats should i be getting done first what can wait til the end ? how can i start working on all projects simultaneously  ?  

thank you ! 

Oct 25, 13 7:22 pm
awesomekeith

another question, is it better to place or copy and paste graphics from illustrator to indesign? my process is messy i make all of the graphics on illustrator so i can see them in relation to eachother but then when it comes to putting them in indesign if i want to place one graphic it is in the same file with a whole bunch of other shit that i dont want.. but if i copy and paste i cant edit seamlessly .. do i just make a bunch of different .ai files ? 

any recommendations ? 

Oct 25, 13 7:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: