Archinect
gruen
I need me some $127M fees
Sep 25, 13 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
marisco

He designed a pedestrian bridge where I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Went over budget and time frame, the steel all required repairs before installation and it caused a lot of discussion in the community, mostly about how the bridge cost to much for what we got.  Still I do like some of his designs. 

Sep 25, 13 5:55 pm  · 
 · 

Tripling the budget while on a percentage fee gives us all a black eye. Aside from pissing off clients and communities. 

Sep 25, 13 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Wait, Miles, I thought you liked Cala-fucking-trava? Ruiner.

Mar 19, 15 7:28 am  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Seems par for the course for Calatrava.... Milwaukee Art Museum... Budgeted at $35 million came in at over $100 million.... Damn flying wing things had to be rebuilt and in the end it really is a glorified entrance and gift shop with minimal additional gallery space. Good thing the wings move up and down. In the day of digital fabrication, all of his bone like structures were cast from custom wood formwork that was as expensive as custom wood furniture and then discarded.

Mar 19, 15 11:21 am  · 
 · 
davvid

How often does Gehry go over budget? 

Mar 19, 15 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

How often do clients have no clue what things cost?

Mar 19, 15 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

Nice to see some law suites developing, maybe that will cut his "wings". Architecture is a process, guy seems to be stuck in SD, should stay there....can't image insurance company's insuring these guys. 

Mar 19, 15 9:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: