Archinect
anchor

CAD file of the world

gruen
Does anyone have a CAD file of the entire world, showing all the cities and all the building footprints? Ideally 3-D with all the buildings fully detailed and scale figures of all the real people and animals? Make sure that all cities towns and villages are fully detailed? I need it today because my thesis advisor is about to fail me and I'm not sure if I should go to sci arc or UT Austin anyways, do you guys think I will be able to get a job with $150,000 in student loan debt? My grades aren't very good but I think I saw a portfolio once so if I took the GRE will I get in? Please the CAD file must be in micro station v 26:6dh,6 format ONLY and not too big my email account is already maxed out with funny cat videos. Do you think I should take REVIT or LEED classes? Which one do employers think is more important?

Sep 25, 13 8:51 am

You can't have everything.  Where would you put it?

Sep 25, 13 9:30 am  · 
 · 
Roshi

As much of a joke that this is, it makes me wonder - is there a way to extract 3D info from Google Earth? Because, well, that would be awesome.

Sep 25, 13 9:44 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

Jorge Luis Borges should be able to help you out.

Sep 25, 13 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
ark1t3kt

This sums up 99% of posts on this forum...

Sep 25, 13 1:54 pm  · 
 · 

I actually *do* have a CAD file of the whole world.  But I can only get it to print at full scale. 

Sep 25, 13 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

does it work with makerbot donna?  i bet you could 3d-print the world over the existing world.

Sep 25, 13 2:55 pm  · 
 · 

I have one of the entire known universe. The problem is finding anything in it ... you keep zooming forever and it takes a really long time to refresh.

Sep 25, 13 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah, so when I print a 24x36 sheet that's what I get - a blank 24x36 sheet.  Very accurate.

Miles when I tried doing "zoom extents" on your drawing it just kept going infinitely.  I'm still waiting, but according to the new top quark calculations I should only have to wait about 10 billion more years.

Sep 25, 13 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ
What type of laptop should I get to open this file? I've heard that Macs are the best for architecture, especially autocad.

Thanks in Advance!
Sep 25, 13 11:41 pm  · 
 · 

Here's mine:

Sep 26, 13 12:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: