Anyone here heard of this?  I haven't seen any posts on it here: 

New divisions:

1. Practice Management
2. Project Management
3. Programming & Project Analysis
4. Project Planning & Design
5. Project Development & Documentation
6. Construction Phase Services & Project Evaluation

Any thoughts?  I'm just trying to think of where things like structures would fit in... I guess maybe it would get broken up?  Feels like it would be hard to study for.

Sep 23, 13 1:13 am
LITS4FormZ

Who needs to do structural calcs when you have grasshopper? Scary that "engineering knowledge" is being phased out of architecture. 

There's really no reason to have so many tests other than to further line the coffers of NCARB. 

Sep 23, 13 9:38 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

they should narrow it down to 2 sections:

1.  curvy designed stuff

2.  non-curvy designed stuff.

they said in the link they have "new breakthroughs in graphic testing methods," so that's what's important.

Sep 23, 13 10:35 am  · 
 · 
backbay

Apparently its case study based.

@LITS4FormZ:  I agree.  If they put less of it on the test there will probably be less taught in school.  Weren't there 3 structural sections in the version before this or something?

IMO, for these tests you study a specific subject exhaustively and in detail so that you at least retain the core information after its all said and done.

I guess we'll see.  I like the engineering stuff :(

Sep 23, 13 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
MyDream

I don't care what's on there when i get to the point were i can take the idp i am going to be absolutely exhilarated. 

I think i can use three years experience if i work up till i am actually in idp right ? Because i am currently employed.

Sep 23, 13 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
MyDream

but no i did not here of this backbay and by the way and thanks for posting

Sep 23, 13 3:33 pm  · 
 · 

I believe they are going to have cross discipline test so structural concepts will pop up in almost every test. The folks at NCARB are trying to simulate practice with this new version, I thought the IDP was supposed to do that but oh well they know best. This is all preliminary as the states have to approve the changes so it could happen but not tomorrow.

Sep 25, 13 9:39 am  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

"The folks at NCARB are trying to simulate practice with this new version, I thought the IDP was supposed to do that but oh well they know best"

.............................................................................................................

.............................................................................................................

Sep 25, 13 11:49 am  · 
 · 
cmrhm

that is good, structure division is over complicated.

Sep 28, 13 2:01 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

to all future architecture students.. go study construction management instead.  You'd ace the ARE exam xD

Sep 28, 13 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
backbay

haha... yeah, you know, except for that bullshit accredited degree nonsense.

Sep 28, 13 9:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: