Archinect
anchor

Career Gap

g00017023

I am a B.Arch graduate from American University of Sharjah. I graduated in the year 2009 and have worked occasionally on freelance projects since. So basically I haven't been employed since graduation in 2009. I tried looking for full-time jobs recently with a revamped portfolio but the response has not been very good due to the work gap in the CV. So I am thinking if I should apply to graduate school for Fall 2014 to help me get back into good practicing firms. 

I need advice regarding if I should continue looking for work or focus on studying for my GREs and getting my paper-work together to apply to Columbia, UPenn, AA & Sci-Arch for Masters in Architecture. 

Please advice as to what is the best way to get back into the profession. 

Sep 4, 13 6:20 pm
g00017023

My portfolio site can be found at https://sumairakhalid.squarespace.com

It has my work in concise form. 

Please have a look and advice. Thanks. 

Sep 4, 13 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
sixfiveoh

Get a job.  Get work experience.  If you've done all those renderings in your portfolio site, you should have no problem finding a job doing renderings at the very least.  If you stick with the firm, you might grow and get more practical experience.  

Sep 5, 13 1:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: