anchor

Hi all you fancy graphics lovers

PerCorell

This ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC106mvmffA

Mar 14, 07 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Sorry news come late, here are a quite interesting double framework 3D-H structure --- there are in fact two frame sets look hov sections then display as box sections ,for hands on a very interesting feature :

Now if you can't emagine how this can come handy, forget it and forget construction.

May 18, 07 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

If your screen can't handle the whole picture or you can't copy and paste properties check this ;

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2749/trawlerdblxe7.jpg

May 18, 07 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Maybe I shuld have called it 3D-Hbox structure.

May 18, 07 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

why don't I ever get anything you say? I even tried reading some of the old thread for clarity and got more and more confused. Who are you…what are you…you are a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma…. but perhaps there is a key?

If not, I guess I should change professions...

May 18, 07 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Please let me advise. First read a few of the first posts here in this fora ,of this tread.

Then check the same issue at another fora where the count are not poor 19767 visiotrs but 113592 happy visitors ;

http://arch.designcommunity.com/topic-2216.html

Same topic a compleat different response.

May 18, 07 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

huh?

I really don't have the energy right now.

May 18, 07 5:45 pm  · 
 · 

HI!

May 18, 07 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Hi !!

May 18, 07 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

For a long time I wanted to show a picture of the fuselage of one of the most famous WW2 bombers.
This design share an unique design for it's fuselage, an geostatic structure --- that is not 3dh --- it is constructed, and work very different than a simulat 3dh structure, but there are simulant properties what concern strength and flexibility. What such structure offer, is to connect the all important ribs into a very rugid structure, opposite constructions, where the forces are to be handled by the skin the paneling, there this structure allow thinner panels and a more strong fuselage.

Now it was difficult and expensive to manufactor, but was maneaged as an assembly of small crosses and pins , quite opposite to 3dh, but this structure show, that there are other way's and most important it is important to remember, that this was the most rugid and safe of the bombers of that time, due to it's construction method.

Sep 10, 07 9:45 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

There are another one to the right in the background of the whole picture

http://www.vc10.net/History/Images/Wellington_full.jpg

Sep 10, 07 9:47 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac
Sep 10, 07 10:32 am  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

please don't tell me you get paid for this shit

Sep 10, 07 10:50 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell
Sep 10, 07 11:51 am  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03
Sep 10, 07 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

eastcoastarch03 there are many resons to post messeages on the web, your reson are it seem, to try make others not post --- that I find a strange occupation, fact is no one asked you to comment , fact is that your comment is not about the issue, and in fact you could be just an old saur web fanatic with nothing on his mind. From your comments it seem like you realy have nothing to say nothing at all.

Sep 10, 07 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

esse quam videri

Please tell me "eastcoastarch03" ---- how do that heroic statement relate to your doings ?

Sep 10, 07 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

i have something to say, and i said it. stop putting this 3d-h stuff on these threads. of course you're free to do as you wish, yet the general consensus here is that i and many others don't like your work. you put it up, and we told you how we feel.

and if you understood that quote, "to be, rather than to seem", you wouldn't need to bring it up. i'm not fake, i tell it like it is and how i truly feel. now if i didn't live by that quote, then i'd be sitting here telling you what you have been posting is great. spectacular. marvelous, etc..

Sep 10, 07 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

jesse reiser based an entire studio on those bomber fuselages back in 1995

Sep 10, 07 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

hello per,

it's good to see that you are well. any recent news regarding 3dh? when can we expect the next innovation? do you expect 3dh to move beyond danish regionalism? or is this new way of thinking and building uniquely tied to place? In other words, what does 3dh mean for america in 2008?

Sep 10, 07 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

...or even better yet, what does 3dh mean for africa? let's say cote d'ivoire if we need to be specific...

Sep 10, 07 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

"have something to say,"
Not much and mainly quite vain.

"and i said it. stop putting this 3d-h stuff on these threads. of course you're free to do as you wish,"

Eh --- could you explain that again , it's like you can't decide.

"yet the general consensus here is that i and many others don't like your work. you put it up, and we told you how we feel.

Not at all --- thare are lots of positive responses, but ofcaurse not from those who think these fora's about architecture is to be about painting ones body., beside "Don't like" what's that vain complain, why shuld anyone "like" issues about nte building methods, please come out of the closet and say what you realy mean, that you rather talk about how to attrack other guy's attention with wannabe skin paintings and brag about it in places where issues like architecture or engineering are more relevant.

"and if you understood that quote, "to be, rather than to seem", you wouldn't need to bring it up. i'm not fake, "

No ???

i tell it like it is and how i truly feel.

So architecture are about feelings ???

now if i didn't live by that quote, then i'd be sitting here telling you what you have been posting is great. spectacular. marvelous, etc..

No you wouldn't , you would have a life.

Sep 11, 07 1:59 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Puddles thank's it is alway's nice to answer you ; Like I you have a positive aproach to architecture ,but as I am Living in Eu. It is often difficult to understand the vain complains like the ones we just seen --- could you please help me understand these ; the latest complain remind me of soem spoiled child ,if that is so, if fora's like this shuld be overtaken by 16 year old's who read architecture as a comic book and think it is about what you "like" or what you do not "like" , then truely there are no room for newthinking or visions , even less for art , as that will become about vain complains rather than exotic new materials.
------ When will your universities start making an impac ; isn't there enough broken houses and rebuilding to maneage , wouldn't it be better if someone like "eastcoastarch03" started forgetting about body paint and began putting up relevant solutions ; but maybe eastcoastarch03 is going to base a future on social harasment instead of "Being" , one day Puddles I know I be working for you.

Sep 11, 07 2:46 am  · 
 · 
MacRoen

@ Per: 3D-H looks quite promising and very interesting! Per, can you explain me how it works

@ Archinect: ;-) cheers

Sep 11, 07 2:52 am  · 
 · 
MacRoen

* Note to myself *

Notification turned off...

Sep 11, 07 2:52 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I promise to make a description so you know why it is nice that one of the first methods to go strait from 3D computer model , to manufactored building element has been develobed --- I know there are a lot of vain complains about that fact, but what can I do about it ?

For those who wonder what I been doing since this tread slowed down, I will put in this graphic ; -- you would be surprised about what new methods can be develobed even today , with these old projectors, what you think you see, is not what you think ;

Full picture ;

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/6192/sta60082zm6.jpg

Sep 11, 07 3:02 am  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

you really make no sense when you try to explain things.

run a spellcheck next time so i can try to comprehend it better.

Sep 11, 07 9:34 am  · 
 · 
Liebchen

One of the many things that bothers me about 3d-h is its lateral stability. The bomber frame pictured above has straps running longitudinally, which I gather is to keep the bomber from collapsing laterally, that is from nose-to-tail. I would assume that all the bomber's joints are pinned.

Computer output aside, I am sure that 3d-h would be more than sufficient to support the necessary vertical loads. However, unless the connection between enormous sheet materials is like a non-pinned connection (doesn't allow rotation), any 3d-h structure would need longitudinal bracing to resist collapse due to lateral loads (like wind). A non-pinned connection might be less than ideal because of the bending forces it will introduce at the joint...What do we think?

Sep 11, 07 10:39 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I am sorry to say that I am surprised every time this question occour.
----- Now have you ever tried to emagine , the bottom part of any of the building structures secured in concrete, do you know these chairs where the legs "X" , there are a soft seat at top and guess what happen when you rest in em, they don't collapse. Ever tried to make a card house -- how would you distribuate the cards, if you do it so the cards lean against eachother and make a deck ontop , you can build it very high, but would you try place the cards vertical ?

Now the bomber fuselage are a geostatic structure not a 3dh, and still it share a number of the positive effects of distribuating the members like that.

I has to say, that realy I newer thought these things need to be explained, I find them so obvious ; any frame structure are secured at the bottom , why explain that this shuld be that to, anyone tried to sit on one of these chairs they even are made with tree legsm and still you can place a 200 pound guy in it and it will hold. Now I often asked those who ask, to try look closer to that structure, as amazingly, there are floors and walls and it is so easy to follow one frame to realise, how it work

But Liebschen there are one thing I want to ask you to tell me ; didn't you ever realise, that there would be placed floors, that wall panels would be attached these frames ? --- what I would like you to tell me, is if you ever emagined what would happen, when panels was fastened and floors was cast, did you ever emagine that ?

Sep 11, 07 11:15 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Basicly the 3dh structure develobed from the old construction princip panel rib-stringer ; tree members that by themself has little strength but fastened together create a box structure, ---- O guess like the doors where you live, these if they are modern doors, are made from a weak core within a wooden frame --- sometimes not even that , --- and ontop glued two panels. alone the wealk paper core carry nothing, the panels are millimeter thin, but put together right, they offer a very strung structure.
Now I alway's thought, that people knew that houses made from plywood had an even weaker structure than 3dh, they has, as all these walls hide, are some few pine sticks and an outher and inner layer of plywood , now why shuldn't a structure like 3dh be paneled exactly the same way, and what would "happen" when one of the examples I placed in this tread, was added well fastened panels and cast floors, --- what would happen would be a house at a third the cost four times as strong, and easy to project with a computer.

Im'e just sorry, but I found these things so obvious, as with sectioned presentations , where you could look into a building , -- There I would newer expect the house to be sold with a hole in it , so you could see thru ---- As with a floor plan ; I would newer ask where the roof was , as I would know that if it was in the drawing, I would not be able to see nothing but the roof.

Still these questions made the tread grow.

Sep 11, 07 11:32 am  · 
 · 
Liebchen

Right, per, but the chair is not subject to the kind of lateral loading a building would. Especially some of the large stadium and towers you draw. In the house of cards example, have you ever blown on a house of cards? The structure of the house of cards is sufficient to support the load of the cards above it, however it fails when a lateral load is applied.

I would imagine that a shear wall could alleviate this problem in any 3d-h structure, but there are never any in your drawings. Have you considered the secondary and tertiary structurally systems that would needed to successfully execute a building employing 3d-h? Because if you have, and you could share them, I think it would make your case much stronger.

Sep 11, 07 11:35 am  · 
 · 
phat

cock

Sep 11, 07 11:48 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

But my structures are not made out of paper, and any other tradisional building, ---- you wouldn't even be able to make that with vertical members like paper cards .

My "case" work like this, that if these things was in the drawing, you wouldn't be able to realise the basic structure, Also there are much better way's to , as you would put it "secure" a 3dh structure, than combining it with tradisional members , it would be two steps ahead and one reverse, to make use of tradisional means , as what I intend, is to fuel your emagination about how structures work --- and they work much better than you expect ; there Im'e not talking about 3dh .

What is exiting about 3dh --- and here I take your misunderstood emagination of it is, that if it would collapse as you emagine a steel rod placed vertical in the middle of the frames, shuld be torn apart , pulled apart, before the structure would collapse --- maybe difficult to emagine , but think about that chair ; what happen if it's legs are forced down, are a vertical force, the force the seat ensure , nothing is compressed , and this detail shuld be one of interest of an engineer, they are the ones who realise what this mean, a build in wire would even do it, and to place such wire or rod, well if you use steel sheet with holes in it, then thes holes can be callibrated before cutting, or subtracted from the solid model, showing up in each generated frame. Listen if you emagine the tradisional house made in cards or paper , the trouble will be even greater, but 3dh is not made for thin paper as tradisional methods are not made for thin paper, beside, I realised you don't answer, why is that ?

Sep 11, 07 11:50 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

"run a spellcheck next time so i can try to comprehend it better."

Now there are graphics for that, these treads are not here to make your homework for you, this method are easily explained as the only method that produce the assembly for a building structure strait from the information in a 3D model ; what other explanation would be required ?

The multible of side effects, why shuld I develob and explain these, the small gadgeds that make this method work are obvious if you know just a little about structures. And this idea are not made of words but from realising what was missing in the tradisional architect programs ; the assembly replacing the 3D model, the automated generated assembly structure , to replace your 3D model any scale , then hide it if you don't like the looks of it, cover it with concrete as you already do ,but here the form are absolut and not fiddled, use it as reinforcement m use it to hold the steel rods , fill the cubes with something and think about what happen then, or transverse steel rods , ---- there are so many options, I am not payed to deliver them all for free, I am here only to open your mind, --- that's why stupid remarks is not welcome, while they are just stupid.

Sep 11, 07 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

BTW. Remember the subject of this tread, --- what do you think about my new graphics , no these are not projected ;

Full picture ;

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1216/sta60035nj8.jpg

Sep 11, 07 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i think though that this paper idea is an interesting one per, and worthy of investigation. perhaps an investigation would be possible in the future

Sep 11, 07 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

No reson realy --- I thought about having puzzles made and allready share free plans for boats ,easy to build and nice designs to, but that is pleasure I share rather than sell on the web.

Bside I found out I had some tallent painting, in fact , as you maybe didn't know, all about 3dh can be found easy ,and there are a bundle on yahoo , looking for 3dh , so why shuld I care ?

Back when I started develobing these sorts of design tools, there was an actural interest in swell new designs and real pleasure ; today that "expanded" as you requier , I find either any one plesant the double agenda thing make me most sick, even strange if that shuld strike me, none so ever, paper don't make spendid art, shit do.

Sep 11, 07 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Le Bossman ;

Did you realy make that with your hands, or did you look at the web, did you buy it and foto it, just for this tread ; tell me Le boss, did you realy make that yourselves ?

Sep 11, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell
Sep 11, 07 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Sorry , my best arguments alway's was graphics , they even are today, as you see ;

Also about architecture, the rude methods before computer formwork, do not at all point to the acces in what is acturly computed, why shuld I care I paint pictures

Sep 11, 07 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

The graphics are as high solution I provide. this is not hand held camera pictures anymore, as I bought this nice little tripod for my digital camera Cute little antique high quality pre ww2 german piece of extra's , There finaly, this blur are rendered off, and nice pictures are made.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/132/sta60087ir1.jpg

Now this tread are about fancy graphics , so please visit my Silver Screen Galleri.

Sep 11, 07 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

no, i found it on the web. it's a christmas decoration, obviously. it was the first thing i could find of paper that utilized the principles of 3D-H.

Sep 11, 07 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

but do you understand what i mean mr. corell? this structure was probably punched out of craft paper with some type of die.

Sep 11, 07 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
MacRoen

@ Per; what are you trying to say with them pictures?

Sep 11, 07 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Le Bossman ;
"but do you understand what i mean mr. corell? this structure was probably punched out of craft paper with some type of die."

No I don't see what you "mean" at all, --- could you please explain further, I totaly fail to see what you "mean".

Sep 12, 07 4:41 am  · 
 · 
Darren Hodgson

Per

You're not still banging on about this are you? Like I've said to you before, figure out how you can put this together, build something, then come back and shows us. You keep showing us pretty pictures that mean absolutely nothing,

Sep 12, 07 6:46 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Please remember , I am not restricted to a particular way to present my works --- I think you would find it boring if I was. Also the fact that I don't follow these expertations mean that I can develob my things in my direction , I can find whatever inspirtaiton in starting from the bottom with these old Optics, realise the old painters tricks and even , what I found out recently, build on further what I think is new methods, methods and technikes I would never find, if I was bound and tight into presenting and working with my things, as how others expect.
--------There wouldn't be much new that way, there wouldn't be for me, the challance ,and realy I must point my efford not towerds the basic and obvious , but towerds the increadible not even tested , as there, not in the trivial cases, are the real value of these fancy graphics.

So the Graffiti graphics are as important in this process, I say more important as that is what my economy allow me, than building test pieces out of my own pocket, and I must say that I find very little promises from those who ask me to do that ; I mean you ask of me to do these things, but what's in it for me ; I been there I know the matrix calculations and even know things most can't even emagine with the 3dh structure, ---- but what would happen the day I wasted a small fortume and realy build one of these ; would you think othervise than some of the few regular, wouldn't just ask a bigger model ?

You see many who read these treads are quite spoiled compared my options, many have their safe seat and steady income and would never be expected to deliver what a great many realised in these structures , still those are the ones, who keep complaining , you see there are a huge difference being a professor at a school and a selfgrown artist, and to expect the unknown the exiting new, the sudden inspiration to confirm with trivial demands , --- well if you expect that, I think you got the wrong picture.

As I said I delivered what they asked so many years ago, a method everyone thought had to deal with poly meshes and geostatic shell structures -- I took it in another direction and delivered an intire concept , after many years with no silver spoon, so please exchouse me when I decide not to conform to the demands of those who wouldn't deliver anything at all, without one.

Sep 12, 07 7:12 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

------- And please exchouse me, but even without any comments whatso ever , I think my paintings these day's are great ; the local passing say so, the old lady's on their way to the local pub defend my works, and find the pictures lovely, but here in this fora, it's like nothing is of interest unless it is suited to be pretitors pray.

Sep 12, 07 7:20 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell
Sep 12, 07 7:44 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

per, have you ever considered merging your interests in painting and 3dh? in grad school, a friend of mine and i tried to cnc route the image of the mona lisa onto concrete panels. i know it may be a bit more decorative than your tastes tend to follow, but just a thought to advance some of the ideas behind 3dh.

Sep 12, 07 7:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: