Archinect
anchor

Hi all you fancy graphics lovers

PerCorell

Yes --- that would be an exiting project ; I did once, play around with a small 3d router , I had to write the drivers to make it go 3D , but it worked perfect , still this is many years ago mid 90' I think and back then such small router costed something like 10 times of what it cost today ;

Sadlly I had my hands on it, a small Roland thing with only 180 watt motor , --- just before I realised this 3dh thing, and I had it while I was doing another project that had to be finished, so there wasn't much time to play around, also becaurse I first had to write the driver to make it work from a 3D mesh drawing ---- that is not as simple as you would think, with only the routers Hpgl like language and a parelell port, as the codes had to be generated within AutoCAD and then after being cleansed, send to the Lpt1 port.

Sep 12, 07 8:19 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

just hook that thing up to a robotic arm and you would have a 3d planer.

it's too bad you can't hook up with a university that would have the resources to help you explore some of your digital fabrication interests. are there any universities in denmark that are doing much with digital fabrication? anyway that you could get access to their tools?

Sep 12, 07 8:43 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I don't know --- I spended 3 years at the architect acadamy back in the early 90' , and even that was pre-stoneage digital, they did have a decent digital workshop , and I know a place I later on used, the danish states workshops for arts and crafts just had a new director who ask for suggestions for digital equipment to buy for the furniture designers and other workshops in that place --- a sort of original Bauhause workshops --- but you know, this art thing kind of made me ecape after my last visit at these workshops , no I will not tell that story, --- but realistic what today would be required go from instant prototyping, over graphic ink plotters , cutting plotters, ending up with laser cutter , n.c. router and to run it, Solidworks I guess ; now have I rounded the million just in hardware and software ?

Sep 12, 07 9:20 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

yeah, it's pretty damn expensive. that's why i lost interest in 3d fabrication shortly after finishing grad school. i still have ideas for routed formwork i'd like to make, but i don't have any means to make it. i like the idea of forming digital guilds, but even then, most of the people that would belong to the guild don't have $200,000 to fork over for a cnc router.

Sep 12, 07 9:30 am  · 
 · 
Liebchen

Where I live we have a guy. His name is Bud and he owns a large laser cutter. You bring him your file and your sheet goods and he makes the cuts. He has no set rates; you pay him what you think the cuts were worth. You don't have a Bud in Denmark?

Sep 12, 07 9:31 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

My experience as Bud , is that Bud has to redraw the 3D, redo all files from that, and intop feed the inspiration at best make the whole job develob the concept and point to how to do that.

Sep 12, 07 9:57 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

Dear Mr. Corell

I love you.

Sep 12, 07 10:15 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I will consider making some neon for Santa.

Sep 12, 07 10:39 am  · 
 · 
ARKTEK

I love the word 'acturly'

Sep 12, 07 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
per corell loves his dog named hector

i'm waiting for the moment he includes himself in the videos

Sep 12, 07 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

It will not be with a stick in my mouth racing round with that speed Basta.

Bside Hector is my secret hound.

Sep 12, 07 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

>shoots at MacRoen for goading Per.

Sep 13, 07 12:44 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Apurimac are you aware what you are saying ?

Now you offer cheap drinks to anyone who want to harras some other guy? Sorry but I has to ask if this is a gesture you develobed in other occations, ------ Do you realy pay others to harm some guy well, this realy are interesting, but I wonder if others realise what this mean.

Sep 13, 07 6:37 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

given the recent resurgence in the interest in 3d honeycomb design, i just thought that i would point out that today is the third anniversary of this thread.

happy birthday to "Hi all you fancy graphics lovers"
in your three humble little years you have inspired two competitions and have added richly to the english language.

again, congratulations!

Sep 28, 07 8:49 am  · 
 · 
ether

we want the t-shirts!

Sep 28, 07 8:53 am  · 
 · 

Hi!

Sep 28, 07 11:10 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

omg...

Sep 28, 07 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

*bump*

Nov 14, 07 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?
Hi
Nov 14, 07 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Thank's puddles , and I know you congratulate all who contribuated, I am sorry to be a bit late with this , and for the first time ever since I boarded I agrea that getting to bed yetoday asked a bit meditation --- Maybe I shuld just say it as it is, and that is no offense esp. not to you as you was not in this discussion but ; try emagine you suddenly get the feeling thet the guy who realy ask some relevant questions from the start has a picture of you, that make you into some interesting animal with a heap of colorfull and also innovative solutions, but while you the best you can , try explain --- then suddenly you get the feeling that he is just pumping you for new material, and even you deliver and celiver over the top, --- then as this guy allready has a cemented picture of your rights , then it don't matter what you say , and then suddenly he say "well there are no calculations no academic order , so to respect this creature there can be no talk about, but let's look at what he say, and then let's see if we can use any of that, not the previous was without academic order , then let's look but in particular not credit this animal- as he is different, he don't publish as an academic do, so let's look at his creation but then take what we want.
--------- And that while you are in the tread, while the discussion are going on, then some guy tread you as some animal, in the most particular arogant way --- I know puddles ,that you proberly only understand halve of what I here said -- but think about how wierd it is, when newthinking is only granted and credited, if it is thought the way we allready know to think, and any actural newthinking that is different than the constitudet newthinking, well that's maybe newthinking but it don't count, as that is not the newthinking we expect and allready know, beside if some guy don't conform to the academic triviality, then it can newer be treaded serious , ---- then you maybe think "why do P.C. tell me this" ,and I agrea but think about it, yestoday was the first time I took these discussions serious, and only after suddenly realising this extreeme arogance,

Anyway I am done with that, there be no new fancy methods from me ever, then I rather get the joy develobing it for myself, and then throw it away --- in fact that is what I shuld have done ; think about the dirt and mudthrowing ; if I had just kept this new method to myself, I would have been without all that.

Still please stay with the fancy graphics published not here offcaurse, but at Designcommunity in the fireside fora, -- I just got an old german high yield projector and that will proberly within the next few months, mean a lot of fancy graphics in that tread --- then I hope those obsessed with dirt throwing will stay away , and not ruin the tread as they did with my Silver Screen Galleri tread here, -- I dropped that one as I don't want to work in the bad smell -- but there on designcommunity, I allready has 98000 visitors in the tread ;

http://fireside.designcommunity.com/topic-10104-180.html

As for my new old projector, well maybe it don't say that much to you, but I guess it's from round 1936 from the way it is put together, and if you checked my Silver screen galleri tread, then you know what a bit innovation in old analog niches bring in terms of fancy graphics.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3908/leitzivl2bd87coa5.jpg

Thank's for your awareness and your congratulation, --- Guess in this century we better paint our mona lisa's on the graffiti fences, better that, than being treaded like that by the academics.

Nov 15, 07 10:29 am  · 
 · 
pbednar

this is hilarious. Per Corell you are better than reality TV!

Nov 15, 07 8:40 pm  · 
 · 

just an observation;
the designs which look like inspired by per corell's 3dh have at least 10 folded since this thread.

Jun 27, 08 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Thank you !

Jun 27, 08 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

omg! it's baaaaaaaacck!!!

Jun 27, 08 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

dude, per corell is a joke name. he's messing with you all

Jun 27, 08 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

i can't even read his posts. it looks like bob dylan's turantula

Jun 27, 08 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

the room is spinning

Jun 27, 08 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

There are plenty new stuff for a "Hi all you fancy graphics lovers revisited"

www.ArtWanted.com/PC

Jun 27, 08 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ah, you're not the real per.

Jun 27, 08 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

what the hell are you talking about

Jun 27, 08 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

that was angled at per not dread

Jun 27, 08 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
surface

It's impossible to see this thread and not post something to it. We've been posting to this thread ntermittently for almost 4 years. Amazing.

Jun 27, 08 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

i think people are attracted to it because no one really understands what the hell per corell is trying to say

Jun 27, 08 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

like moths to a flame, we can't stay away.

Jun 27, 08 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

its like weird, german, nihilistic, bad, outdated, misinformed, funny, techno

Jun 27, 08 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Ive made uncovering the hidden secrets of 3dH my life's mission

Jun 27, 08 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

blackharp nomatter how much it hurt your feelings, all Per Corell is asking is some honest credits for a great idea a lot of designers seem to have profited from.
I can read it is very difficult for you to reconise that, or it hurt you in some strange way when Orhan Ayyüce find this tread to state ;

"just an observation;
the designs which look like inspired by per corell's 3dh have at least 10 folded since this thread."

But please tell me, what's in it for you--- and do you realy think you profit anything from this ? See 3dh is victorious and so many structures pop up , based on that lattrice system, still they are more structures that look alike more than realy profit from the structural system, but just wait credit will come nomatter how much it hurt you.

Jun 28, 08 5:34 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Also there are much more than just how a design will display in 3dh -- the basic idea that only one type of material is needed to assemble the basic structure for whatever form, the fact that production of the individual building part is based on the most simple N.C. cutting mashin, that 3D and computers are used in a different and finaly another way ,--- beside this happened here in this fora , it was here I published and had most response ; then that day credit is due, will you think this site will turn it's back to the credit it make that 3dh mainly been promoted here ?

If you are jeloux and that is what frive your comments then forget it, -- there is not much fun publishing a paragime shift in construction, all what happen when a guy happily share a great new idea you can read in this tread, read from that perspective this tread is not so fun as you want it to be, in fact it is sad in many way's.

Jun 28, 08 5:53 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell
Jun 28, 08 6:04 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Beside isn't it a bit cheap --- the best critic is when you make a relevant critic , that is not what you do. But you can check what Per Corell turned to after sharing his wonderfull new aproach with anyone honest enough to add a line of credit, you see it don't happen that often that so different and exiting idears are just published and shared , -- but don't yoy think I am just happy to see the huge impac that made in architecture and design, how much it changed and what visions it sparked ?

Today I don't has an AutoCad installed on my computer, I newer write recursive Lisp applications anymore -- all I do is having jou from painting huge beautifull pictures on Graffiti walls , Now a lot of people like them and my audience is not academics but just people in the street, see one guy can take so much poison and then you simply has to start look for the beauty only very few here seem to apriciate.

Jun 28, 08 6:55 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

"blackharp nomatter how much it hurt your feelings, all Per Corell is asking is some honest credits for a great idea a lot of designers seem to have profited from.
I can read it is very difficult for you to reconise that, or it hurt you in some strange way when Orhan Ayyüce find this tread to state ;"

what hurt my feelings? what do you mean when you say when Orhan find this tread to state? i'm relatively confused. i'm not being pretentious, i honestly don't understand half of what you are saying. also, did you say i was jeloux?

i'm with ether, corell, we all need t shirts. you should give them to us free though.

"I newer write recursive Lisp applications anymore -- all I do is having jou from painting huge beautifull pictures on Graffiti walls"

i thought that line was awesome. it is a puzzle to me.

most of these pictures are a mystery. it doesn't make much sense, and it seems no one would want to waste their time with them. i guess some of them look kind of cool.

if this is real, i think you are a particular comedic genius.

Jun 28, 08 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

You are all evil clowns

Jun 29, 08 3:00 am  · 
 · 

I am an unrepentant fancy graphics lover.

Jun 29, 08 3:10 am  · 
 · 

I am an unrepentant fancy graphics lover.

Jun 29, 08 3:11 am  · 
 · 

I'm also a confirmed double poster.

Jun 29, 08 3:11 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

sevensixfive that happen to all of us.

blackharp, what realy vorry me, is that you obviously can not respons what Orhan Ayyüce wrote when he started this tread again, what you havn't answered is this;

"just an observation;
the designs which look like inspired by per corell's 3dh have at least 10 folded since this thread."

What you claim not to understand is realy not so relevant, --- that has nothing to do with ehy designs " inspired by per corell's 3dh have at least 10 folded since this thread." , --- your thoughts about me, your image inside your head about me, is not very relevant either. And I wonder very much, why you instead of answering with some more designs, obviously inspired by 3dh, try make this into a tread about your image about me, Gee you don't even know me.

Jun 29, 08 9:47 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

blackharp --- how can it be so different to understand the sentense you find so funny , how can you both state that you can not understand.

""Today I don't has an AutoCad installed on my computer, I newer write recursive Lisp applications anymore -- all I do is having jou from painting huge beautifull pictures on Graffiti walls"

That is realy difficult to understand for you ?
Guess it is becaurse you nip pick on one word, --- that I typed jou and not joy ? Is it so difficult to read that today I has not an AutoCAD installed on my computer, --- or is the problem , that you don't know what Lisp is ,so you don't understand , what it is I do not program anymore ? Do you even has a clue.

Beside -- I find it strange that you don't reflect about what I say ; that I am allready happy about what impac 3dh allready had and the impac it is bound to make ; is it mt joy about that, that make you close your eyes for the rest of the text, that you hate when you find out you can not hurt someone. Becaurse that is why you are here, obviouly not to add to
Orhan Ayyüce statment.

www.ArtWanted.com/PC

Jun 29, 08 10:11 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

Dude, you make no fucking sense.

Jun 29, 08 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

I realy don't care first of all your language is simply dirty ,it make me as a person with english as secondary language feel ashame on behave of people with english as primary language ---
Second I am happy to see how 3dh has inspired, -- that this great method has the potential to cgange architecture , I understand why you hate when that happen , for you to realise how a brilliant new idea can come from a person who do not use F words or use a language ment for the gutters, --- but for me it is nice to get also the positive response . that after this tread 3dh inspired structures seem to be ten fold. It is nice to know you changed architecture, it is nice to know what is ahead .

So evn you don't understand, and I guess you don't understand what I write here to, then what would I care ; you answer dirty in a tread continued by someone who feel like giving some credits, that's what hurt you .

Jun 30, 08 5:10 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

3dh

so is it holographic?

From the website:

To empower dimensional imagery to be purposeful, realistic and with minimal physiological side-effects.

Values
3dh has created a powerful technology that comes with great responsibility. We must maintain integrity, responsibility and moral judgment as we cultivate relationships and build the 3dh brand. We will strive for world-class service and client satisfaction through the pursuit of excellence for the benefit of our shareholders, employees and communities around the world.

Is it all just a hologram? The projector images? The interlacing? Is it just a metaphor like a modern day DaVinci Code?

Dec 19, 08 12:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: