Archinect
anchor

Applying to UK Schools after completing undergraduate degree in the USA

n6338

Hi, I have one year left of my undergraduate degree at an Ivy League school in the US. I have about a 3.7 GPA as an art history major. I am hoping to apply to M. Arch programs in both the US and UK. I am strongly interested in the programs at the Bartlett and AA in London. When applying to the UK however, do I apply as a first year and have to repeat my undergraduate studies, or do I receive some credit for my background? I really like the idea of the foundation course at the AA but can't find too much information about it. I don't have much of a portfolio so I would have to wait at least a year to apply anyway. Thanks for the help

Aug 21, 13 12:50 pm
n6338

Also, If anybody has experience with the AA foundation course? What type of portfolio are they expecting from someone with a limited arts background? I do have a basic portfolio from a RISD architecture course as well as some photographs.  Is this suitable to apply for Year 1 or should I try to do the foundation course? Can you apply to both? 

Aug 21, 13 2:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: