Archinect
anchor

B Arch accreditation - by Europe (EAAE) or UK (RIBA)?

awaisrauf95

Dear all,

I am 17 years and have just finished my high school. I applied to several universities offering an undergraduate B.Arch degree for 4 years. However at the moment I have been offered a place in two of them so far.

1. Glasgow school of Art (Scotland) - B.Arch(Hons)/4 Years/Accredited by RIBA.

2. Girne American Univeristy (North Cyprus Campus) - B.Arch/4 Years/Accredited by EAAE.

My question is this. After completing my architecture course in which of the two Universities will I ave a better job oppurtunity ANYWHERE (most of the places) in the world.

Could anyone kindly explain in detail to me?

And if I am being too immature about my future job prospects could anyone explain me the real world scenario after my undergraduate completetion?

Kind Regards,
Awais Rauf

Aug 18, 13 7:39 am
TED

EAAE is not an accreditation body.  You need to check with that Uni to see if it leads to professional licensure.

Glasgow is only Part I and you would need to take a year out experience, do part II get another year experience then do part III to become licensed.  

You are most likely to get employed in the country of these schools, however if you require a visa to work it is much more difficult to land a job.

Your question is too open to answer.  To land a job anywhere is purely on the quality of your work and portfolio so if you are able to demonstrate the top quality in graduate portfolio, it is then up to you to make connections to get a job.  Again, it is very unlikely as a new graduate anyone will sponsor you for a visa except for very short term intern training.

Aug 18, 13 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
awaisrauf95

Thanks a lot TED. I am only an amateur in this area because I haven't started my academic year yet and I believe that you know more from experince.

After going through your reply, one question popped up in my head.

After completing my B.Arch degree I need to get an accreditation, right? So, if I complete my course in Cyprus, head over to UK and try writing the exams RIBA -I to III, will I then be accredited as a registered/licensed architect. I believe the same case applie to any architecture accrediting body, like NCARB?

Regards.

Aug 18, 13 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
TED

If you are EU born and complete the full qualification in Cyprus, practice there a full year, you can get reciprocity in other EU countries including UK. All registrations have different rules so you should assume no other forms of reciprocity including NCARB will apply.  

If you are not an EU native it is very difficult and expensive to get UK/US qualifications and most likely not possible unless you get a visa an practice in those countries.

Aug 18, 13 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
awaisrauf95

Unfortunately, I am not only a non-EU but I am a Pakistani.

However, even though my father can afford to send me to the UK, he wants to be sure about my future job prospects.

I did a little research about being a licensed architect.

So, could you please list some of the licensing organizations that I could benefit from around the world that you as per your opinion think would be best for me.

P.S I am middle eastern born.

Aug 19, 13 5:44 am  · 
 · 
TED

Google is your best source.

Aug 19, 13 6:22 am  · 
 · 
TED

You should google this - as that's what I would do and you're being a bit lazy.

You are best to study in the country where you hope to work.  With the visa situation today, I can clearly say you most likely will not get a job with your undergraduate degree but perhaps when you finish Post grad.  The uk government has a max student visa time of 6 years so suggest you do not do a 4 year degree offered in Scott schools.

Also suggest you go to a advisor in your pakistan who could better guide you on complex visa issues.

Aug 19, 13 8:01 am  · 
 · 
awaisrauf95

I guess you're right. I am a bit lazy.

So, now I am going to do a little bit research and find out the solutions. I will let you know if I have some doubts or queries or f I've found the solution.

Aug 19, 13 8:42 am  · 
 · 
Loaykhaled

awaisrauf

Have you found anything new?, Please inform us :S I'm in the same situation as you. and same age lol :P

Nov 7, 15 6:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: