Like Archinect on Facebook.
Sign up to our mailing list.
Architectural/Store Designer for a Fortune 500 Company -Revit/SketchUp (Dallas, TX)
A Fortune 500 retail company based out of Seattle, WA is looking for a Store/Architectural Designer for an assignment in Dallas, TX.
Must be super savvy with Revit and SketchUp. Retail/Restaurant design experience highly preferred. Must be able to do 2D/3D rendering of floor plans and store designs.
If you are interested, please reply back with a most updated copy of your resume, a link to your online portfolio, and a short summary of your experience in retail design. Please also note your proficiency in Revit/Sketchup.
We are open to seeing Jr candidates (+2 years of experience minimm) with beautiful portfolio and ninja-like SketchUp/Revit skills, as well as Design Managers with +5-7 years of experience in retail design.
Company: Fortune 500 Corporate Retailer
Location: Dallas, TX
Title: Architectural/Store Designer and/or Store Design Manager
Duration: +3 months, starting ASAP - possibility of contract to hire.
Hours: 40 hours/week
Interior / Architecture background 2-5 years' experience. Highly skilled at rendering and detailing. MUST have great design background/skills.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Executes Design strategy in design of company stores. Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes to consultants. Identifies exceptions, proposes design solutions and resolves issues with Sr Design Manager.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Contributes to Store Development Business Goals with Construction & Real Estate by achieving target deliverables on number of stores. Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment from Construction and Real Estate based on direction from the Sr design manager.
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
- Sets schedules with alignment from Construction and Real Estate. Communicates dates to team and meets all established deadlines.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Ensures alignment across cross functional teams and regional and market teams on individual store designs. Participates in schematic reviews with Operations and Design Reviews with Global Design. Participates in market tours to gain cross functional alignment in market priorities.
- Manages the architectural design process by assessing the scope of the project through review of surveys and deal documents. Responsible for the development of all schematic drawings and all store palettes in a market.
- Manages the production of construction documents by designers and consultants. Ensures all intended scope of work, needs and code requirements are met on drawings. Checks drawings for design intent. Conducts site visits as needed.
Partner Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Ensures continued partner development and development of direct reports. Creates development plans. Provides coaching and conflict resolution.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partner, business and customer results.
Summary of Experience
- Retail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction
documents 5 years
- Management in a national company 2 years
- Managing outside architectural, MEP and other design consultants
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store and restaurant design
- Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues
- Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional store environments
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
- Skilled in the visual, written and verbal communication of design issues
- Ability to translate stated design principles / objectives into unique and varied store locations
- Knowledge of architectural details and specifications for construction document production
Location: Dallas, TX
This is a contract job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
So, a 3 month contract position, where you you have senior level management duties.
Wow, just wow!!!
From the use of super savvy and ninja like skills I'd say some intern in charge of creating this ad copy and pasted from random other ads.
'Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.' ?
Why would a temp employee be making staffing decisions?!!
Right, and people like this are a dime a dozen I suppose?
That's like 4 or 5 jobs...