Archinect
anchor

Salary in Berlin, Copenhagen, Oslo

blogalot

Am gathering a salary poll for these 3 cities.

For small, medium and large offices.

Thanks

Jun 1, 08 6:41 pm
holz.box

berlin,

little experience
700 euros, very small firm

Jun 1, 08 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
harold

A welfare check is about €800,00

Jun 3, 08 10:51 am  · 
 · 
mleitner

I can confirm holz's statement that some firms in Berlin pay very very low wages to beginners.

Jun 3, 08 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
blogalot

Ok, salary for 2 years of experience.

Jun 3, 08 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
mation

One of my coworkers, with 2 yrs experience, just took a job in Germany (but not in Berlin) at 2,500 euros/month.

My coworker sitting next to me is from Oslo, and says that Oslo architecture jobs pay well. It helps to speak Norwegian obviously, but recent local grads make 3,000-4,000 euros per month. Of course, Norway still uses the kroner, and the living expenses are extremely high, but I'm speaking in euro terms for the sake of comparison.

Jun 5, 08 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
nb072

wow mation that's $47k for the coworker in germany. that's impressive. normally i've heard of recent grads in germany getting no more than 1000 euro / month.

Jun 5, 08 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

yeah, that's about 2x what my native co-workers with 3-5 years were making. what type of firm is that?

1200 was about max (that's net, though)

if he's making 2500 euros, is half of that dedicated to taxes?

Jun 5, 08 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
interstitial

is this monthly or bi-weekly?

Jun 6, 08 4:58 am  · 
 · 
mation

the coworker i've mentioned is native german, and he's working for a fairly corporate firm in dusseldorf. The firm has branch offices all over germany, but the main headquarter office is in dusseldorf. they do mostly large projects, and pretty good for that scale of office.

he's a good designer, and experience at our firm is quite respected throughout europe (we're in london), so maybe that helps.

Jun 6, 08 6:51 am  · 
 · 
mation

holz.box:
he plans to pay 25% tax, and about another 15% for insurance and the pension scheme, all of which architects are required to pay.

the insurance in germany is supposedly great, though, covering everything including dental.

Jun 6, 08 12:03 pm  · 
 · 

when i was working in germany, 5 years ago (with 2 years experience) i was getting 2K/m before tax, and at a good design office. IMO salaries in germany are pretty good compared to most other EU countries. berlin was a different story though. i was in stuttgart. berlin = low pay, but also much lower expenses.

Jun 6, 08 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
mansiar

Hi,

I am a B.Arch From India with 4 years of Experience in Residential,Commercial and Industrial/Labs Designing. I am looking for a Job in Oslo/Copenhagen and I would like to know if i have any Opportunities.

How do I Proceed with Applying for Jobs. I have tried but they Have denied Having vacancies. 

I am Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Revit, Photoshop, Ms.Office, Corel Draw.

Please help and guide me

Jun 1, 17 1:06 am  · 
 · 
randomised

You tried, you failed, move on. (you're posting in a dead 10 year old thread by the way)

Jun 1, 17 3:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: