Archinect
anchor

UCLA housing

Seems like a few schools have already begun this.

Is anyone attending UCLA this coming fall that is also figuring out housing? I'm trying to figure out a place for ~$500/month (off campus). If anyone is in the same boat as me, please reply. 

Jun 18, 13 10:07 pm
araas

Finally someone like me. Ya still figuring out housing. Obviously off campus. You planning near satellite or main campus?

Jun 20, 13 3:33 am  · 
 · 
Jono Lee

Main campus -- I take it you're in M.Arch II?

Jun 20, 13 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
dawnchorus

I'm gonna be at UCLA for M.Arch II this fall and 500/month for housing seems pretty much impossible. The only way is if you live 50min+ away from campus or share a bedroom. The places I've been looking at (bikeable distance to campus) start at about 800/month

Jun 20, 13 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
Jono Lee

I actually managed to find a place south of $500, but it's not 100% certain at the moment. Either way, there appear to be places in the 500-600 range that's well within a 10min bike ride to Perloff.

Jun 20, 13 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
araas

Dawnchorus where you planning to stay? Which studio?

Jun 20, 13 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
araas

I'm in M.Arch II program too. Gehry Suprastudio.

Jun 20, 13 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
dawnchorus

@araas, sorry I meant to say I will be coming into M.Arch 1. 

@jawknow, what resource have you been using to find places? I've been using padmapper.com and haven't had much luck...

Jun 21, 13 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
Jono Lee
@dawnchorus

You should google search "ucla off campus housing" and you'll find listings just off the campus area.

Btw, if you're in the same boat as I am, perhaps we can help each other out. What's your email?
Jun 21, 13 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
0L0ID

Hey everyone!
same boat - I'm in Greg Lynn's studio this year. 

My target is a familiar one - $500/mo, preferably Culver city or santa monica. 

The only way to get anywhere close to $500 per month in Culver city / marina del rey / playa vista is to rent a 3 bedroom apt for around 1500-2000 and split it 3 ways. I know they exist as I've visited a few of these back before my previous plan with other prospective roommates fell through. 

I believe an email also went out from the AUD admin asking for contacts of everyone in M.Arch II this year interested in finding room mates. I was a bit late to respond to that, so my name might not be on it, but in case you guys are interested in an extra room mate to split the cost, I would definitely be up for it.

On that note - Anyone interested in meeting up during the Extreme Ideas: Runway this friday at the satellite campus at 6:30 to discuss housing? 

Jun 24, 13 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
araas

@12voltporcupine

i am in gehry studio looking for roommates near satellite campus. I am an international student so can't meet. Anyway if you are interested in discussing the housing situation let me kno.

Btw AUD admins haven't sent the contact information of other students yet so you could still reply to them

Jun 24, 13 8:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: