Archinect
anchor

Work as Part II in UK

Jonce

Hi guys,

A bit of dillema here. I have graduated as Bachelor of Architecture (4 years) in Lithuania and postgraduate degree in Manchester School of Architecture (1 year, MA Architecture and Urbanism). Can I work in UK as Part II or only Part I?

What would you advise me to do: study Masters in Lithuania which would probably give me Part II equivalent, study in UK which would give me Part I or just work UK/Lithuania? Is it easier to study and get Part II or via pracice based route?

I appreciate your opinions.

Jun 16, 13 11:47 pm

Your MA would have to carry Part II exemption. If it doesn't say anything about Part II exemption on the program website/etc then it probably doesn't. From what I know most, if not all, Part II programs are at least 2 years.

Can't comment on your other questions.

Jul 3, 13 7:49 am  · 
 · 
TED

Only UK Schools give part II - but to gain a job as work equivalent is discretionary on the part of the practice - some do and some don't.

If you are close to becoming licensed in lutuania [by a year] that's your easiest route. You would need to check ARB website and see details on reciprocity but as Lut is EU they have to accept your professional qualification + experience.  

Your MA is not Part II but if you decide to do a part II your BA should be ok but again check with ARB.

to do the practice base route you have to have a proper Part I and a min of 3 years ft office experience - it takes about 3 years then if your lucky.

Jul 3, 13 5:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: