Archinect
anchor

Developing countries/economies of the world & architecture.

OoohnooO

Hello Archinect I was wondering of what everyones idea/possibilities are for developing cities/economies of the world are located? I ask because obviously here in the states most cities are developed now. And many countries have bottomed out and now beginning a renaissance or many are already experiencing rapid growth like Brazil, Colombia. Location wise where should Architects go to for work? Can they work in the countries?

I am starting to wonder if when I get my M.Arch degree I would be more employable out of country and make more?

Jun 13, 13 3:51 pm
Struggle_for_Pleasure

I'm a bit confused about your intent, but perhaps you could look at UN-Habitat.  They are, for example, doing big projects in Somalia (a country which must essentially be re-built from scratch).  And UN agencies generally pay high salaries.

Jun 13, 13 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
OoohnooO

I guess I should have read it over one more time. I guess what I originally wanted to say/ask was, where is the future of architecture going in the world? Will it be in the United States or in developing economies/cities where architects will be needed? 

Jun 14, 13 8:43 am  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ
BRIC - Brazil, Russia, India, China
Jun 14, 13 9:32 am  · 
 · 
Spackle

You want to make money doing architecture? Go to Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya or Djibouti and work for a defense contractor doing design + builds. $10-20k a month. 

Or like someone said above, join a federal or international economic development agency, like the UN or USAID. 

BRICS will pay you less than you make in the states. 

Jun 14, 13 1:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: