Archinect
anchor

Yay, Nay or What?

OA ©

What would be your first impression if an architect you want to interview for designing your building have an office door like this? 

A- Yay further proof this architect is great, beautiful door, hired!

B- Nay, he'll fuck me!

C- What!!

May 27, 13 5:26 pm
curtkram

i think you need to zoom out.  i don't mind the metal skin on a door.  i suppose if i did, it would reflect poorly on those who choose to put metal skin on a door.  i think there is a market for 'industrial chic' if that's what this is going for. 

i can't tell how the door opens for certain.  or how it locks.

May 27, 13 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

hey, free dildo!

May 27, 13 7:40 pm  · 
 · 

Warm and friendly, like a prison. Security chic. 

May 28, 13 8:03 am  · 
 · 

i'm not sure it's a fair - or useful - question, oa. i'm not a fan of a lot of moss' work, but i remember his office being a pretty great cozy nest of activity.

to answer the question, if visiting his office was my only criteria, i'd likely hire him. and then find myself in a challenging relationship in which i wouldn't get what i wanted. 

May 28, 13 8:49 am  · 
 · 

It's hard to tell with that cropped image.  Do you have more? I tried googling but no luck.

May 28, 13 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Is that the handle to Thor's hammer?!  How'd that get there?

May 28, 13 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
mfischer3387

would this be Eric Owen Moss' firm entrance by chance?

May 28, 13 1:40 pm  · 
 · 

LOL Sarah!

Thor.........mmmmmmmmmmmm

May 28, 13 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

defidently would not want this door knob to hit ya i tha ass on the way out...

May 28, 13 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
-------

Here you go, Donna, from Designboom:

May 28, 13 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
user777

do you pull or push that thing?

i think it needs a condom.

May 28, 13 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

It's threads like these that make me wish Archinect had a "like" button.

May 28, 13 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
Thanks, jw468! I like it very much in context. But I'll bet most straight men have a moment of mental discomfort when they are confronted with that thing!
May 28, 13 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

would be so much nicer if it had moss all over it...ok, at least vines. i love vines.

and i would have liked the lower panel of the door  to be a different colour/material, texture. the middle part possibly more deeply inset? yes, he divided the surfaces, why not take further advantage of that. 

and then that handle can stick out all it wants. i dont dislike the handle, irrespective of my sexual orientation.  very characterful. you will use a different set of muscles to open this one. 

May 29, 13 4:12 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

Are those security bars over the window? It must be in one sketchy neighborhood. Has a Department of Homeland Security vibe going on.

May 29, 13 8:42 am  · 
 · 

Even more pompous and incongruous in context.

May 29, 13 8:45 am  · 
 · 

but then, Miles, so are you  ;-)

its just a door.  very small thing. not so important in the scheme of things.  i like it as design, though it looks slightly difficult to use.  good communication to clients i suppose. 

May 29, 13 9:10 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
...If that communication is "yank my wang!" Now that I know it's a swing door, and not a slide one, it seems a bit awkward.
May 29, 13 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
Aka115

the door seems very heavy and I bet the straight door handle isn't going to help the user for easy access going in and out of the building. Creative but not practical, I suppose.

May 29, 13 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

ok ok, so we understand the door has a severe case of priapism.

its a door KNOB, what do you expect!

so we already know its going to be a case of who closing whom!

and we appreciate the different dimension added to "please, come in".

and we know you are wondering whether the handle is carved from morning wood.

"well, isn't polite of you to pre-come"

bring it on! or in! whatever

May 30, 13 1:03 am  · 
 · 
JayCon

I would assume he's been institutionalized or really digs institutional architecture. 

Satirical view of the postal service?  OR, there is a mass grave behind that building.  I think I'm more impressed by the 7 series out front

May 31, 13 3:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: