Archinect
anchor

International master of architecture grad to find a job?

shc17
Hello, everyone: I am currently an international student who attends an American university and plans on applying to a master of architecture program in two years. I was looking at the job opening pages and found that many of the jobs listed require the applicants to have at least a working permit in order to apply for the job. That gets me worried on the job availability for me if I graduate from the graduate program and try to get licensed here in the states. If anyone has anything to say about that or any suggestion. I would love to hear it. Thanks!

May 7, 13 1:19 am
TED

Limits on Immigration and visas across the world are the easiest 'austerity' measure a country can put out there thinking its painless - its not. Is a form of racism, in fact.

Architecture is very cyclical and responds quickly up and down to the economy.  2 years is a lifetime.

You might look at the J1 visa as a future entry point to employment[up to 2 years].

after you finish your studies then move on from there to other visas - chose a university in a major market [that excludes places like Ames Iowa, sorry] so you maximise your job opportunities.

best

May 7, 13 3:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: