Archinect
anchor

Job opportunities/eligibilty for a Indian grad (B.Arch) in US

I am a graduate from Mumbai University,India  with 6 years of work experience in India. I'm currently in USA on a tourist visa and am waiting for my Green Card to be issued. I would like to know if  i would get a job here in USA on my B.Arch degree from india after receiving my green card? 

Apr 29, 13 2:44 pm
TED

Hi, Getting any job interview first depends on the quality of the portfolio or work sampling you prepare and send with your CV - You might first look for firms which are doing some work or have local offices in Mumbai as often it will be this expertise - culture - tradition - construction that you could distinguish yourself above the rest - alternately look for practices which do similar work to your post Uni experience. Office, hotel, interior, etc.

The US is a big place so where you are matters -  

Generally, as a past admissions tutor, most portfolios I saw from India were more skill driven. But certain Mumbai is exceptional -

Apr 29, 13 5:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: