Archinect
anchor

UCLA Suprastudio: Greg Lynn

Apr 17 '13 6 Last Comment
12voltporcupine
Apr 17, 13 2:40 pm

Everybody,
I’m attending UCLA M.Arch II (SUPRASTUDIO) program under Greg Lynn this year. And while the heavily robotics-based curriculum this year seems nothing short of fascinating, I have a relatively basic idea of Greg Lynn, where he is coming from and what he has done. That isn’t to say that I haven’t shoveled through the entire internet as well as some books on his work.

So what does everybody know of Greg Lynn? Anyone with the M.Arch II degree from his SupraStudio? Anybody who has worked for him perhaps?

Much obliged,

12voltporcupine
Apr 20, 13 1:50 pm

um... bump.

...anyone?

Lionel Hutz
Apr 20, 13 5:54 pm

Greg Lynn est un poseur.

accesskb
Apr 20, 13 6:09 pm

^ lolll Greg Lynn = unbuilt blobs

sameolddoctor
Apr 21, 13 1:20 am

Greg Lynn is a great teacher. Even though he has not built much, I dont think that means he is not a good teacher. You will probably learn a lot from him, but will have to read between the lines a few times.

On the other hand, the whole idea of the SupraStudio seems a little stupid - you get to only have design studio with one person for the whole year? Back in the day, we had 4 design studios (one per quarter) for the M.Arch II - and that seemed a lot more rewarding somehow

mvda
Apr 22, 13 3:40 am

@12voltporcupine. Looks like we will find out more for ourselves in a few months. I'll be in Greg Lynn's studio as well. Not sure I met you at the April 1st /2nd open house. Did you attend?

12voltporcupine
Apr 22, 13 7:30 pm

@mvda: yep! green bus, 4th row from the front :]

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading