Archinect
anchor

Back in the game - SF Bay Area

caryatid1180

This may sound foolish but I set job hunting in the field of architecture/interior design aside because I was busy working in retail - - and mainly out of frustration.  

However, recently, I found a contract interior design gig that got me "hopeful" again.  

I am an architecture graduate with a BS degree from overseas - - my only "local" relevant experience will be this contract job. Otherwise, I've been busy working in the sad, abysmal world of retail. 

I do have very strong experience in FF&E specification - - worked in big projects like the St. Regis in the past.  My CAD skills are so-so as I focused mainly in specs. 

What are my chances? And what can I do to make myself more marketable under these circumstances? Like everyone else I claim this is my "passion". 

I'm really at a lost at this point but nonetheless hopeful..

** Obviously I don't have the funds to pursue an MS even if I want to and it seems foolish to spend so much on a degree that seems futile (LOL)

Any thoughts?? 

Apr 11, 13 12:21 am

Hospitals, major hotels and resorts that are renovating may need someone to manage the project details.  A client’s representative on a major job or a CM firm may be a place to look.  Also consider Universities and Chain retail or food service establishments they have in-house design crews doing odd jobs such as interior refreshes and accessibility upgrades.

Also consider getting a CAD certificate at your local community college to help bolster the CAD skills.

Over and OUT

Peter N

Apr 27, 13 12:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: