Archinect
anchor

Panel Siding costs

bodo1422

Does anyone have any insight on comparative costs for panel siding such as parklex or trespa? Just ballpark figures in comparison to other siding options such as cedar would be great... also any discovered affordable alternatives to these names (which I suspect are costly) would help as well... thank you

Feb 6, 08 11:45 am
dml955i

Forget Parklex and Trespa - way expensive. Try Cembonit - cost comparable with Hardipanel, but with no need to paint/finish. Colors are limited though...

Feb 6, 08 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
bodo1422

Though not necessary, can cembonit be painted/treated as needed? any idea on $/sf?

Feb 6, 08 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

hey, i know ron...
crowder residence
more pics here

Feb 6, 08 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
dierxap

FYI..Cembonit was intended as an agricultural building material...if you are installing it in cold climates beware the material spawls over time (the photos from below look better than it does now)

(see galant architects builidng on Cape Cod..link below)

http://books.google.com/books?id=7-bVBlglACkC&pg=PA92&lpg=PA92&dq=Galante+Falmouth+REcreation+Center&source=web&ots=O9drcQzGjb&sig=ZYOq1s_5sy12ZcTOxnWhjQiCQN4#PPA93,M1

We have researched lower cost cemetitious panels and there is only one company that we found that will back a meaningful warranty and has proven to last over time.

swiss pearl. Cost more, but lasts. (see morphosis NOAA, Caltrans, SF Federal Building..etc)

http://www.swisspearl-architecture.com/

I know this is different than your initial discussion, just thought I would share my experiences with cembonit.

Feb 6, 08 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

can't you do terra cotta for the price as eternit? or do i have the numbers backwards?

Feb 6, 08 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
SandRoad

Parklex - it IS pricey, and a lot of it looks really awful...like faux wood plastic laminate.

Feb 6, 08 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

the material cost of swisspearl/eternit may be competitive, but the labor/installed costs drive it thru the roof - we had it priced out for a rainscreen job a few years ago and it was actually more expensive than doing a rainscreen out of 3/16" alum. plate with a bomb-proof tnemec paint...

Feb 6, 08 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
dierxap

Installed cost of swisspearl..here in Boston area just came in at about 25.00 per sf. this was a rainscreen application, but the cheapest option possible, on pressure treated supports. (not the fancy aluminum proprietary hanging system which is about 34-36 per sf.)

Feb 6, 08 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
jorgeouvina

There is another panel manufacturer called royal that is the same as Trespa. Trespa has taken the market and therefore since has market their product as the rolls royce of the phenolic panels. Royal is available through a company in NYC called Northport wall systems and the cost is between $9.25 to $10.00 SF delivered to your site for full sheets. They are easy to cut and your drywall contractor shall be able to process them fast as plywood. They do offer a service to have them processed for about $2.25 SF based on your drawings. Santiago@northportltd.com 718-502-8004

Nov 4, 16 8:38 am  · 
 · 
ts3526

Best way to get a Trespa Budget number is from your local Trespa representative who will take into consideration local conditions and your project need.  List of independent Treps reps are available here

https://quickshippanels.com/pa...

Trespa installed pricing has come down in recent years on commercial projects as more installers are experienced with the product.  

Recently, Trespa  launched Trespa Pura NFC (Natual Fiber Core) for residential and light commercial applications.  Trespa Pura delivers great wood look (without the maintenance of wood) with a concealed fastening system that is about half the cost of previous systems ($20-25 per square foot installed).  You can see product and material costs here.  

https://quickshippanels.com/pa...

Compare to high quality Cedar or Ipe rainscreen installed at $10-25 per square foot and add $4 per square foot to re-stain every 5 years.  Natural wood weathers with time.

Disclaimer:  I work for authorized Trespa distributor who helps calculate costs for Installers and Architects.

Nov 9, 17 10:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: