Archinect
anchor

Help Me, Please!

aboytes26

Hello, my name is Alejandra and I live in Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico. I'm studying architecture in UABC, I have a subject called History of Renaissance and Baroque Architecture, my teacher gave me an assignment which consist in looking for a person from Europe (I chose England) to exchange thoughts of Architecture.
I was wondering can anyone give me an opinion of what are your thoughts of Architecture in the Renaissance? What do you think of Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael? Or any other thing you can think about?
Thank you for your time. I really appreciate it

Apr 8, 13 9:31 am
Anob

aboytes26

The best way to understand the Renaissance and its Architecture is to find out what were the Da Vincis,  the Michelangelos,etc... thinking process. What were they trying to achieve and how did current materials and technology affect the results. During the Renaissance you were either a person of intellectual thoughts or a person who look at the church for answers and wisdom. Since you chose England I would look into its churches, and palaces. Be careful thinking of Italians like Da Vinci because Italy's renaissance time period slightly differs from England's Renaissance. Look in William Shakespeare and the artistic centers of England like Theater's. Hope this helps.

Apr 8, 13 10:43 am  · 
 · 
aboytes26

thank you so much :) I really appreciate this,

Apr 8, 13 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Jump to the Baroque. Wren studied Bernini's work. Hawksmoor worked for Wren. Look at him. Also, look at John Vanbrugh. Look at Hooke of Hooke's law. he measured London after the great fire.

Apr 8, 13 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
aboytes26

thank you :)

Apr 13, 13 2:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: