Archinect
anchor

Final Decisions: Upenn vs. UMich

I am on the last leg of my decision process for graduate level architecture studies, and am currently deciding between

University of Pennsylvania (PennDesign) - 3 year

and

University of Michigan (Taubman) - 2 year

Both schools have offered money (the costs are about equal after consideration) so financially there is little difference.

Any words of wisdom/viewpoints that could aid in the final decision would be greatly appreciated

Apr 6, 13 7:14 pm
Janosh

What are you interested in / what do you want to do?

Apr 6, 13 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
DaveZ

neither.  Umich grad here. applicants to umich romanticize the school because of all its useless technology that wont help you get a job or do anything in life.  the school has ONE PERSON in its career department and its a joke.  U ll be eighty thousand in debt and start out if your lucky at 37k with no med or dental.  Really consider that this is what you want to do.  make a fake resume with umich mArch on it and send it out, see how many replies you ll get. If you want to "build buildings" get a 60 hour builders license, start your own company and go ham.  

Apr 7, 13 9:55 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

or be a douche and change your name to dave Z.

Apr 7, 13 10:30 am  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ
Flip a coin?
Apr 7, 13 10:38 am  · 
 · 
ZachR

I was trying to avoid getting at my interests, and was hoping to receive a broad overview of each school; my interests are a multitude of interweaving site integration, spatial overlap, place creation, light in architecture, and sustainability (through an interweaving of modern technology and older, simple techniques).

Thank you Dave, as I said I have received assistance with aid from both schools, and understand that cost is also a factor, I was hoping for an opinion on the schools' academic quality and techniques however, the cost of each has already been taken into consideration.

Apr 7, 13 1:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: