Archinect
anchor

Help! Suggestions on grad program !!

Mar 31 '13 0
lyxgeorge
Mar 31, 13 11:58 pm

HI, all: 

I applied for the 2013 M.Arch program and I got admitted by UMich, wustl, and Cornell, and I am hoping you guys could give me some suggestions on which one should I attend!!

I graduated from the undergraduate architecture program at UofM, I really like the atmosphere and the altitude of its education, but I kind of want to go to some other places for a change and expand my vision. 

Getting a job is my first concern, though. I am wondering which program has a wider connections to firms and prepare the students better for career. I have been wondering how much influence locations can have on this issue. Cornell is fairly close to NYC and NYC has a lot of opportunities, so I don't know. 

The last issue is the timeline. Cornell only offered me the 3.5 year program (guessing my portfolio wasn't good enough ), and I don't really know if the 1st year will really worth the time since I think my undergraduate education has covered most of the part.

So, I don't know. I am quite interested in the Cornell program and its theory courses, but I still have to base my consideration on getting a job after graduation and of course, the tuition. I am looking forwards to you guys opinions!!! Thanks a lot!!

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading