Archinect
anchor

Job Titles

Dangermouse

a rare image of balkins at home:

Jun 11, 16 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

lets do it Non. i am also Olaf on Untapppd. everytime Balkins tries to explain a fact about code and is wrong - down a bottle?

Jun 12, 16 12:36 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

This is what the cats are playin: I'm a Thousand miles from Nowhere https://m.soundcloud.com/cteeter/dwight-yoakum-1000-miles-from

Jun 12, 16 7:33 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

that rug really tied the room together.

Jun 12, 16 10:48 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Olaf, down a bottle per subject or per explanation because I'd need a 12 pack just to get through the CMU Fire rating rant.

I was enjoying an 8% kolsch (while in the office on a Saturday morning) when I suggested the game.

Btw, there are more than one "Olaf" on untapped. Strangely enough, I also use my archinect credentials. Hard for me to pound a beer at the moment since I am still in the ICU.
Jun 12, 16 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

ICU? what the hell happened? full name Olaf Design Ninja ....i am just getting a tire fixed and then off to Irish Festival at a Horse Race Track should get my Untappd numbers up.....then tons of work

Jun 12, 16 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Olaf, I am not in ICU but my infant son has been since birth 2 weeks ago. They don't offer beer at the Starbucks downstairs.
Jun 12, 16 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

good luck with infant son and wishing the best. also wishing best that you find a beer soon....didnt know i needed a dash symbol.

Jun 12, 16 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^strange, I did not know I had used a hyphen.

Regardless, glas to make your acquaintance is the glorious world of beer rankings. I suggest we divert all Balkarinosky ramblings into heated beer arguments. 

Jun 13, 16 8:08 am  · 
 · 
null pointer

I came here because Olaf told me there was a fire-in-progress.

He was completely correct.

Jun 13, 16 9:07 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Fire?

Everyone loves a good fire.

Jun 13, 16 9:35 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

I'll join yous guys on the Untappd if you'd like. We could have an Archinect Alcohol Group on there. 

Jun 13, 16 9:56 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^can we create groups?

Jun 13, 16 10:24 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

balkins will wake up soon and once this happens the AAG will have yo start drinking. if we drink enough maybe when we break the seal we can put the fire out? non there are a whole bunch of beers on your list I have never eveen seen before.

Jun 13, 16 10:39 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

I am pretty sure we can create groups.  If you get a request from a guy in Virginia, that'd be me. 

Jun 13, 16 10:40 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Olaf, I read that you recently had a pomegranate brew? That's something I've not seen before. Liquor import laws where I am (Ontario) are pretty strict so we barely get any brews from outside our province, let alone any of the delicious brews available just a few hours south of the border. The consolation prize is that there is a healthy craftbrew culture here so I have yet to run out of options but if only I had an account when I was in Burlington last summer... my count would be significantly higher.

SenJohn, consider yourself added.

Jun 13, 16 10:48 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

So, apparently the groups thing doesn't work publicly.  It's just per individual.  Unfortunate. 

Perhaps this topic deserves its own thread.

Jun 13, 16 10:52 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

yup make a thread. sen john you added and quick browse a whole bunch of stuff i have never had

Jun 13, 16 10:56 am  · 
 · 
juanjrocha

It comes down to the piece of art and its authors, this issue affects us emotionally, because you have to see how our creativity is recognized or not. However I do not want to change the subject of this discussion.

It is therefore important to focus on this issue from two perspectives, from the customer perspective and from the perspective of the firm.

The definition of the positions of the architects offered by the AIA, is excellent for organizing architectural firms, including charges of each architect for each project, that is, within a firm have departmental responsibility and accountability to a project, except of those positions that are assigned to a single project.

For the customer this is not very clear, I mean, who the designers ?, (creative, artists). Which means that an architect could lead to a project two roles, one as a designer and another as executor. This is something that must be defined. I understand that most of the time, designers are architects who have contact with the customer.

on the other hand, I also suggest that formal hierarchies must urgently be established in positions of designers, since the absolute creativity is being capitalized on a few people, and the rest is relegated to the shadows, today is different than in the past and this is causing a lot of discomfort. Architectures napkins, is in the past.

In establishing hierarchies it is important to know, for whom are the setting for the client or the firm. The client only needs to know who is going to design the building, the firm is only interested in who will develop the project and who is responsible (definition architects positions AIA)

Sep 28, 16 6:07 am  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

I despise the term "job captain". It reminds me of roll outs. The word "job" is so impersonal. If you will attach the word "captain" to any job title, it sounds better if it were used with the word "project" such that the title is "project captain". But captain still sounds cheesy. Even "team leader" sounds better than "job captain"... Yuck

Sep 29, 16 8:07 am  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

Oh and another thing that drives me nuts is the word "customer" instead of "client". Your client isn't going to a Walmart or a Mcdonalds to pick up cheap clothes or a happy meal. They are there to participate in a design process and develop a relationship woth the architect around a building or facility they need/want.

Sep 29, 16 8:12 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

i don't have the same association with 'job' and 'project.'  the 'customer' comment is somewhat interesting, as i think that helps to define the priorities of your firm.  mcdonalds is a service industry, architecture is a service industry, we should be focusing on building a positive experience for our customers so we get repeat business. on the other hand, we're professionals and our clients expect to be working with professionals.  i prefer 'client' as well.

if i'm a 'captain,' i would like to be 'captain crunch' rather than 'job' or 'project' captain.

Sep 29, 16 9:54 am  · 
 · 
JeromeS

I like "Lead".  Design Lead, Project Lead, etc.

Sep 29, 16 10:54 am  · 
 · 

Is that "lead," as in leading the project or design ... or "lead," as in the heavy element (Pb) weighing the project of design down? I ask because I've seen both types of people on projects and sometimes I'd like to call someone the "Project Lead (Pb)."

Sep 29, 16 11:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: