Archinect
anchor

Riba I or Riba II? - Please help me solve my question

mya90

Hello,

I am an undergraduate architecture student from Lodz, Poland. I study at International Faculty of Engineering at Technical University of Lodz. Currently I am doing my third year at Ecole Speciale d'Architecture in Paris, Frace. My Architecture course combines Architecture and Civil engineering that is why it lasts 4 years. After graduating I will be given a Bsc diploma. 

For my master ( graduate course) I would like to apply to Bartlett or Westminster. But I have no idea how my undergraduate diploma would be taken into consideration. Should I apply for RIBA II? Because I will have completed my undergraduate course in Poland - I think its almost the same as RIBA I. 

There is only one Faculty of Architecture at Technical University of Cracow that provides RIBA I diploma. That is why I am not sure what to do with my future after graduating from Technical University of Lodz

I would really like to go abroad. I have been thinking about London, but also maybe Berlin Technical University.  But I like the ideas of Units at Bartletts and some of the professors that i had met at Ecole Speciale d'Architecture encouraged me to try to apply to Bartlett. 

The only thing that scares me is the diploma recognition. I would not like to retake my undergraduate programme once again to get accepted to RIBA II ( master?)course...

Can someone help me with my questions?

Thank you in advance,

Maja P.

Mar 17, 13 1:44 pm
TED

Hi Maja,

Each Uni has different prescription rules on their validation so you need to contract them directly - Under Bologna Protocol, they should allow you to take Part II before getting Part I - but some schools don't write their docs that way [its complex why they don't].  You still need part I but you can apply at any time.

There is some guidance on the RIBA web site. 

Mar 17, 13 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
mya90

Thank you Ted,

I just read some information about application process at UCL. It requires polish BSc for graduate studies but there is nothing said about BSc for Architecture.. Sometimes the requirements are different. 

I will try to find out something more.

Thank you!

Mar 17, 13 2:22 pm  · 
 · 

I am pretty sure you qualify for Part I equiv. Most Uni's will take you on as a part I and let you do your part II studies there. You would never need to go through a part I programme to become part II. You might have to take an exam and submit your undergraduate work (and pay a lovely fee) to make it all official. But I think you would only have to do that if you wanted to get official part III status. 

Mar 17, 13 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
mya90

Thanks James,

Actually I was thinking the same but the perspective of taking the additional exam and pay a fee seems  not very encouragigng for me.

I have about 2 more years but of course I start thinking over my future right now.

Thx xx

Mar 18, 13 5:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: