Archinect
anchor

eye candy

Nov 14 '07 270 Last Comment
SDR
Dec 6, 07 10:53 pm

Rather abstract -- reminds me of Krazy Kat or another old comic ? Like it, anyway.

Who knew the Futurist was a Colorist ? Vienna had its influence on a number of early Europeans, no ?

upside
Dec 7, 07 1:51 am

cant post any images (the site is in flash) but it has a huge collection of scarpa's drawings for castelvecchio

scarpa

Steven WardSteven Ward
Dec 7, 07 6:47 am

i hadn't seen that more 'polished', detailed sant'elia drawing before. starts to look like otto wagner. no wonder they didn't publicize that one more. he was WAY too establishment; that would have been embarrassing. the ones that look like they were dashed off in very little time and with very little detail are much more futurist-appropriate.

Steven WardSteven Ward
Dec 7, 07 6:48 am

have we had links to kelvin's flickr site of all-rudolph-all-the-time yet?

here.

some beautiful stuff in there.

Sir Arthur Braagadocio
Dec 7, 07 8:58 am

in the book i have on Sant Elia there is a whole section titled "Under the sign of Otto Wagner"...

quizzical
Dec 7, 07 4:27 pm

Le Volcan [The Volcano] Le Havre, France -
sketch by Oscar Niemeyer (in honor of his birthday)

distant
Dec 9, 07 1:48 pm

Thomas Jefferson - draft sketch of Rotunda at University of Virginia

babs
Dec 9, 07 4:27 pm

Iakov Chernikhov

distant
Dec 11, 07 5:07 pm

William Chambers (1723-1796)
Presentation drawing for Marylebone Parish Church London
About 1770
Pencil, pen, ink and watercolour

le bossman
Dec 11, 07 6:17 pm

distant that is cash money

distant
Dec 11, 07 7:38 pm

le bossman -- I'm sorry -- I don't understand your question.

le bossman
Dec 11, 07 7:45 pm

it was not a question. it was a comment. by saying it is "cash money," it is like saying, "that is cool. and by cool, i mean totally sweet."

n_
Dec 11, 07 8:27 pm

I get my hair cut at eye candy. This thread is a constant reminder that I need to get my hair cut.

SDR
Dec 11, 07 8:39 pm

pink poche ? punk !

JordanS
Dec 11, 07 9:05 pm

/Users/jordansmith/Desktop/DSC00502.JPG/Users/jordansmith/Desktop/DSC00503.JPG

distant
Dec 12, 07 9:16 am

le bossman -- ok -- guess that makes me decidedly "uncool" since that phrase is not a part of my day-to-day vocabulary ... thanks for the explanation, and the complement.

JordanS
Dec 12, 07 11:13 pm

How do you post jpegs? I want to contribute.

SDR
Dec 13, 07 12:04 am

In VERY faint gray at the bottom of the "post a response" box is the protocol for posting a link.

quizzical
Dec 13, 07 10:40 am

please use the "preview" button while you're learning how to post images.

John Cline
Dec 13, 07 10:44 am

my previews never work

phuyaké
Dec 13, 07 10:46 am

yeah they don't once you're on the second page. also JordanS, you can't post an image from your hard drive, it has to be from a website (ie flickr, photobucket, etc)

SDR
Dec 13, 07 12:04 pm

Post subject: Posting images

In response to requests, here are the steps I take to post photograpic images on this site:

I have an iMac which comes with a utility called iPhoto. I can import images to iPhoto from my camera, from my scanner, or be dragging images from online sources to my Desktop and thence to iPhoto. After manipulating images as desired in iPhoto (straightening, exposure, color, etc) they are exported to Sites or Documents within the computer; the size of the image is selected during this procedure. (Width of 420 or less is desirable to fit on the archinect page; the larger the image the slower will be the upload for viewers of the forum.)

Now I open my Yahoo Small Business Web Hosting utility ($9.95/mo from At&T) -- other web host options are Photobucket, Shutterfly, etc, some of which are free. I select Upload Files and choose the images from my Sites or Documents that I had previously exported. Once these are uploaded to the web hosting site, I can preview them; as I do this the URL (web address) of each image appears in the address window on my computer. It is this URL that I need to post the image on Wright Chat.

Once the URL(s) have appeared in my address window, they are available in the History list, where I can find them to copy (paste) into my Wright Chat post. To make them appear as photos I need to surround each URL with the following: but without spaces.

SDR
Dec 13, 07 12:10 pm

[edited last paragraphs]:

Now I open my Yahoo Small Business Web Hosting utility ($9.95/mo from At&T) -- other web host options are Photobucket, Shutterfly, etc, some of which are free. I select Upload Files and choose the images from my Sites or Documents that I had previously exported. Once these are uploaded to the web hosting site, I can preview them; as I do this the URL (web address) of each image appears in the address window on my computer. It is this URL that I need to post the image on archinect.

Once the URL(s) have appeared in my address window, they are available in the History list, where I can find them to copy (paste) into my archinect post. To make them appear as photos I need to follow the protocol shown below the post box.

le bossman
Dec 13, 07 1:04 pm

this is an official request to get back to the artwork

a drawing by an artist named allison owen

le bossman
Dec 13, 07 1:08 pm

the maya lin hump:

John Cline
Dec 13, 07 1:12 pm

bossman, that reminds me of one of my favorite drawings.

steve skidmore (i wish it were larger, he truely does beautiful pen work)

John Cline
Dec 13, 07 1:13 pm

yikes

le bossman
Dec 13, 07 1:18 pm

that map of the french campaign in russia is great. have you read the book mappings? there's an article by james corner in it with that map

escher, the most glorious

John Cline
Dec 13, 07 1:35 pm

I haven't bossman, but I did see a lecture by Ed Tuft where he talked about it extensively.

quizzical
Dec 13, 07 2:00 pm
JordanS
Dec 14, 07 8:44 pm

Hey thanks SDR I have a mac too.

JordanS
Dec 14, 07 8:53 pm
JordanS
Dec 14, 07 8:55 pm

so i just type "" and it should work?

JordanS
Dec 14, 07 9:04 pm
JordanS
Dec 14, 07 9:05 pm

Damnit

JordanS
Dec 14, 07 9:14 pm

I believe I figured it out.

SDR
Dec 14, 07 9:27 pm

You did. Unfortunately your image is only 100 pixels wide. Is the original available ?

JordanS
Dec 15, 07 10:22 am

Ya I have the original.

JordanS
Dec 15, 07 10:28 am

I still think their too small too enjoy.

JordanS
Dec 15, 07 10:47 am

Process

quizzical
Dec 15, 07 1:54 pm

Memorial Hall, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA,
1870-78 (Ware & Van Brunt)

SDR
Dec 15, 07 4:07 pm
quizzical
Dec 15, 07 4:43 pm

W. Watts Sherman house, Newport, RI, 1874-75 (H. H. Richardson)
perspective sketch by Stanford White

W. Watts Sherman house, Newport, RI, 1874-76 (H. H. Richardson)
hall interior, sketch by Stanford White

Sir Arthur Braagadocio
Dec 15, 07 5:01 pm

does anybody have the "unbuilt america" book by Alison Sky?

Apurimac
Dec 16, 07 12:25 am

Viva el Urbanismo Post apocalyptico!

SDR
Dec 16, 07 1:22 am

That doesn't look like New Urbanism to me. . .Toto, I don't think we're in Seaside any more. . .!

Apurimac
Dec 16, 07 1:51 am

No, but it does look alot more fun and interesting!

SDR
Dec 16, 07 2:05 am

Absolument. . .

SDR
Dec 16, 07 2:26 am

Speaking of bouleversee. . .Daniel Libeskind

detail

Apurimac
Dec 16, 07 3:01 am

I am immensely facinated by his drawings, even if his latest built work is a bit lacking

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading