Archinect
anchor

eye candy

distant

le bossman -- I'm sorry -- I don't understand your question.

Dec 11, 07 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

it was not a question. it was a comment. by saying it is "cash money," it is like saying, "that is cool. and by cool, i mean totally sweet."

Dec 11, 07 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I get my hair cut at eye candy. This thread is a constant reminder that I need to get my hair cut.

Dec 11, 07 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

pink poche ? punk !

Dec 11, 07 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
JordanS

/Users/jordansmith/Desktop/DSC00502.JPG/Users/jordansmith/Desktop/DSC00503.JPG

Dec 11, 07 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
distant

le bossman -- ok -- guess that makes me decidedly "uncool" since that phrase is not a part of my day-to-day vocabulary ... thanks for the explanation, and the complement.

Dec 12, 07 9:16 am  · 
 · 
JordanS

How do you post jpegs? I want to contribute.

Dec 12, 07 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

In VERY faint gray at the bottom of the "post a response" box is the protocol for posting a link.

Dec 13, 07 12:04 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

please use the "preview" button while you're learning how to post images.

Dec 13, 07 10:40 am  · 
 · 
John Cline

my previews never work

Dec 13, 07 10:44 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

yeah they don't once you're on the second page. also JordanS, you can't post an image from your hard drive, it has to be from a website (ie flickr, photobucket, etc)

Dec 13, 07 10:46 am  · 
 · 
SDR

Post subject: Posting images

In response to requests, here are the steps I take to post photograpic images on this site:

I have an iMac which comes with a utility called iPhoto. I can import images to iPhoto from my camera, from my scanner, or be dragging images from online sources to my Desktop and thence to iPhoto. After manipulating images as desired in iPhoto (straightening, exposure, color, etc) they are exported to Sites or Documents within the computer; the size of the image is selected during this procedure. (Width of 420 or less is desirable to fit on the archinect page; the larger the image the slower will be the upload for viewers of the forum.)

Now I open my Yahoo Small Business Web Hosting utility ($9.95/mo from At&T) -- other web host options are Photobucket, Shutterfly, etc, some of which are free. I select Upload Files and choose the images from my Sites or Documents that I had previously exported. Once these are uploaded to the web hosting site, I can preview them; as I do this the URL (web address) of each image appears in the address window on my computer. It is this URL that I need to post the image on Wright Chat.

Once the URL(s) have appeared in my address window, they are available in the History list, where I can find them to copy (paste) into my Wright Chat post. To make them appear as photos I need to surround each URL with the following: but without spaces.

Dec 13, 07 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

[edited last paragraphs]:

Now I open my Yahoo Small Business Web Hosting utility ($9.95/mo from At&T) -- other web host options are Photobucket, Shutterfly, etc, some of which are free. I select Upload Files and choose the images from my Sites or Documents that I had previously exported. Once these are uploaded to the web hosting site, I can preview them; as I do this the URL (web address) of each image appears in the address window on my computer. It is this URL that I need to post the image on archinect.

Once the URL(s) have appeared in my address window, they are available in the History list, where I can find them to copy (paste) into my archinect post. To make them appear as photos I need to follow the protocol shown below the post box.

Dec 13, 07 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

this is an official request to get back to the artwork

a drawing by an artist named allison owen

Dec 13, 07 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

the maya lin hump:

Dec 13, 07 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

bossman, that reminds me of one of my favorite drawings.

steve skidmore (i wish it were larger, he truely does beautiful pen work)

Dec 13, 07 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

yikes

Dec 13, 07 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

that map of the french campaign in russia is great. have you read the book mappings? there's an article by james corner in it with that map

escher, the most glorious

Dec 13, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

I haven't bossman, but I did see a lecture by Ed Tuft where he talked about it extensively.

Dec 13, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical
Dec 13, 07 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
JordanS

Hey thanks SDR I have a mac too.

Dec 14, 07 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
JordanS
Dec 14, 07 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
JordanS

so i just type "" and it should work?

Dec 14, 07 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
JordanS
Dec 14, 07 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
JordanS

Damnit

Dec 14, 07 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
JordanS

I believe I figured it out.

Dec 14, 07 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

You did. Unfortunately your image is only 100 pixels wide. Is the original available ?

Dec 14, 07 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
JordanS

Ya I have the original.

Dec 15, 07 10:22 am  · 
 · 
JordanS

I still think their too small too enjoy.

Dec 15, 07 10:28 am  · 
 · 
JordanS

Process

Dec 15, 07 10:47 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

Memorial Hall, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA,
1870-78 (Ware & Van Brunt)

Dec 15, 07 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
SDR
Dec 15, 07 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

W. Watts Sherman house, Newport, RI, 1874-75 (H. H. Richardson)
perspective sketch by Stanford White

W. Watts Sherman house, Newport, RI, 1874-76 (H. H. Richardson)
hall interior, sketch by Stanford White

Dec 15, 07 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Viva el Urbanismo Post apocalyptico!

Dec 16, 07 12:25 am  · 
 · 
SDR

That doesn't look like New Urbanism to me. . .Toto, I don't think we're in Seaside any more. . .!

Dec 16, 07 1:22 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

No, but it does look alot more fun and interesting!

Dec 16, 07 1:51 am  · 
 · 
SDR

Absolument. . .

Dec 16, 07 2:05 am  · 
 · 
SDR

Speaking of bouleversee. . .Daniel Libeskind

detail

Dec 16, 07 2:26 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I am immensely facinated by his drawings, even if his latest built work is a bit lacking

Dec 16, 07 3:01 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

St. Agnese in Agone by Borromini-Rainaldi - Rome 1652

Jan 4, 08 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
clerestory strip™

Wow...absolutely beautiful.

Question-where can one go to learn to draw like that...and is there a big market for renderers or are most presentation drawings done by computer nowadays?

Jan 6, 08 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
SDR
http://www.asai.org/
Jan 6, 08 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
clerestory strip™

Thanks SDR! :)

Jan 6, 08 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

Ryrie Building : Ontario, Canada
Perspective of the south and west facades [between 1913 and 1915]
Burke, Horwood and White, Architects
Pen and ink on tissue paper, mounted on board

Photograph of actual building

Jan 7, 08 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

That nice pair of images reminds me of the drawing and the photograph displayed (respectively) on the front and back covers of Paul Stevenson Oles's scary 1983 book "Architectural Illustraton." The drawing is dated 1971; the building (the East Wing of the National Gallery, I M Pei) was completed in 1978.

Jan 7, 08 4:28 pm  · 
 · 

^^ i like the photo, but the renderer was a total concept associates. great pair, thanks.

i have been liking these type of drawings with further explanations. it is a bit diagramatic but i really like the simplicity, information and universality of them and seems like if i have to, i can make one with the similar idea too.

and if that followed by this drawing, it is even better, seeing the heights and atmosphere and the political clout of the corporate urban development for the futuristic referances.

my heart is really with these type of information explaining the idea and the vision;

Jan 7, 08 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Yep -- a drawing can be more that just a pretty picture.

Jan 7, 08 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

Castle Harbour - Viscount Dumaurier
Italian

Jan 7, 08 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Bertram Goodhue, St Thomas Church, New York city, 1908-1913

Jan 7, 08 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
SDR
Jan 7, 08 7:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: