Archinect
anchor

how to visualise hope in an architecture project ?

Wstaquanar

i am starting a project in my collage it is cinema studios with some entertainment areas
well i was thinking about the philosophy of the project and i think the cinema should be a hope creator "as i can see it at least " so i thought i must visualise the " hope " in the exterior of my project and then i got stuck !!!
so anyone have any idea how to achieve an exterior that gives the hope feeling...or maybe a landscape ...or any thing that reflects the idea of hop on the project !!!
thanks in advanced

Feb 10, 13 4:35 pm
curtkram

You need something special all right
You need something special to give you hope
But hope's just a word
That maybe you said or maybe you heard
On some windy corner 'round a wide-angled curve

http://www.bobdylan.com/us/songs/last-thoughts-woody-guthrie

Feb 10, 13 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

supa-graphic hope hope hope

hope-hop

Feb 10, 13 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Hope? You gotta have heart, all you really need is heart.

Feb 10, 13 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
marisco

Just draw what you like and post-rationalize it as symbolic of hope, learn the art of bs

Feb 11, 13 5:11 pm  · 
 · 

1. Imagine that you have a project.

2. Imagine that the project gets built.

3. Imagine that the client and builder don't screw it up royally.

4. Imagine that you get paid.

Feb 11, 13 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

make it look like a big birthday present.  you don't know what's inside but there's hope of something great.  yeah, a mysterious jewel box oh yeah!

Feb 11, 13 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
temporality

light

Feb 11, 13 11:43 pm  · 
 · 
Maestro

"faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Hebrews 11:1

"But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?"-Romans 8:24

I am not sure what "hope" has to do with cinema, so there is a non-sequitur here in your terminology, however I think the concept you are looking for is anticipation, or some sort of promise of fulfillment.  There are certain things that formal language can do and cannot do. 

Feb 12, 13 12:26 am  · 
 · 
ziazia
I agree 100% with marisco... Learn the art of bs!
Feb 12, 13 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

This is interesting...

"faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Hebrews 11:1

In a way- hope is a bit like fantasy... and the idea of eroticism in architecture is about fantasy. What makes architecture erotic? When you create space that is suggestive of something, but is just shy of making an outright gesture that defines that suggestion. If you think of clothing for example, seductive clothing in particular is sexy or erotic because when you are able to see something, but not the entire thing you want to see, it draws in your attention and hope to see more... Sexy/Erotic clothing plays with the idea of transparency and the idea of concealing and revealing certain elements of skin. What is naked and what is clothed...  

Feb 12, 13 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
l3wis

bulgar you're quite wrong. hope and fantasy have nothing to do with each other. certainly not according to hebrews 11:1.

hope is faith in 'things' and 'substance' not seen. it refers to real and concrete things, outcomes, places that are not seen, arrived at, or yet obtained. hope is only legitimate and real when there is sincere faith or anticipation in something legitimate and real.

what you're talking about is lust, and tantalization.

Feb 12, 13 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
TIQM

Beauty is hopeful.

“Beauty is the promise of happiness”
-Stendhal

Feb 14, 13 6:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: