Archinect
anchor

2013 M.Arch Applicants, Commiserate Here!

helenakeys

@ to those waiting for yale financial:

i received my info by email today, and some ppl received it yesterday in the same way, so i guess they r processing them bit by bit and announcing them as they go.  The email also says the same letter is going to arrive in the mail.

As for the average aid ivy leagues give out... i have no idea... I'm curious too... does anyone know?  Average financial aid for top schools and normal schools?

Just waiting for MIT now... hope its good news with the same aid package they gave out last yr... mid-march is waayyyy too far :(

Mar 6, 13 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
rrnkenshin

Does anybody know when Syracuse will send their official letters and how they will send them, by email or postal mail?

Mar 6, 13 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
Tanuja

@rrnkenshin

postal mail

Mar 6, 13 11:14 pm  · 
 · 
rrnkenshin

@Tanuja

Oh man, if they send it by postal mail, then maybe it won't come before USC deadline of notification on March 15th...

Thank you for your info, Tanuja.

Mar 6, 13 11:21 pm  · 
 · 

USC would have a different deadline than everyone else...which one are you leaning more towards?

Mar 6, 13 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
rrnkenshin

i'm leaning towards Syracuse as I prefer the East coast. However they did not mention advanced standing and any $$$ in their email, while USC offered 40% and the program is 2 year long only... If the official letter comes with no better news, then I have only one choice (USC) regarding my financial capacity which won't allow me to pursue Syracuse 3,5 year program...

Mar 7, 13 12:02 am  · 
 · 
ChineseMarco

To EVERYONE

Are there people in the forum have received GSD MARCH 2 offer?  From Gradcafe and Posts on this forum, it seems not so many MARCH 2 offers went out?

Mar 7, 13 12:46 am  · 
 · 
Tanuja

@rrnkenahin You're a B.Arch right? So you should get into the two year at Syracuse too, shouldn't you? I don't know much about SC because I couldn't apply there since I'm a design major and they don't have a 3 year program. But 40% sounds awesome!

Mar 7, 13 3:33 am  · 
 · 
batman

^ there isn't a restriction for USC 2. year program. Their M.arch program is like any other M.ARch program, except it's 2 years. Anyone could have applied there regardless of their background.

I really need to go to USC soon to check out their program, but i have talked with enough people to lean on GSAPP still....

but 2 years only........2...years......just...two

Mar 7, 13 4:31 am  · 
 · 
mtt9999

congrats red_g! I know you were anxiously awaiting any news! probably feels good about such a good school as WUSTL??

I'm hoping for the postal mail copy of GSD acceptance with financial package today.

Cooper Union MArch II should also come out via postal mail next week. Out of 900 applicants/year to Cooper Union, they accept around 30 annually for all programs... hmmm.... can someone say, "long shot"??

Mar 7, 13 8:29 am  · 
 · 
e.m.g.

Is anyone else waiting for the GSD? I just want an answer...any answer...at this point...

Have rejection letters even gone out yet??

Mar 7, 13 10:58 am  · 
 · 
realestate101

@ E.M.G

Still waiting on mdess real estate from GSD. If they were finished rejecting wouldn't they have sent out the emails already? The wait is killing me also- complete torture. My life has been on hold for a solid week already. 

Mar 7, 13 11:08 am  · 
 · 
ChineseMarco

@emg Hang in there. I think it's going to be a while, until Monday? My problem is I only applied to two schools, so I am kind of stuck with no news so I am probably off worse than u.

Mar 7, 13 11:11 am  · 
 · 
sandhilldesign

Accepted to Harvard GSD MDesS for Technology

Waiting on MIT Media Lab and Princeton

Lots of things to think over before making a final decision.

Mar 7, 13 11:11 am  · 
 · 
ziazia

I am waiting as well. It is a pain, I am even beginning to post-rationalize why I wouldn't go to GSD even if they had accepted me. Jus to feel better jajajaja

Mar 7, 13 11:14 am  · 
 · 
e.m.g.

I mean I'm completely prepared for a "no"..Harvard is a long shot anyways...I just wish it was confirmed so that way I could move on and be excited about my other offers. I'm so happy for everyone who has been accepted and as much as I'd love a place at the GSD, this waiting I just can't seem to be at peace with.

Mar 7, 13 11:31 am  · 
 · 
tinson49

@e.m.g

If it's true that GSD has another wave. I guess the result probably comes out Friday. Because it seems spring break is coming next week.

Mar 7, 13 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
AC23

@e.m.g

have you recieved any financial info in the post letter from RISD yet?

Mar 7, 13 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
realestate101

^ Just checked spring recess starts the 16th which would be a week from this Friday. So, in theory it could be Monday. 

Mar 7, 13 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
e.m.g.

@AC23. Yes!! I was so fortunate they offered me 15K/year in fellowships...plus I qualified for additional grants and a TA position. THough I'm not sure how to apply for one now or what the next step is in that process...

How about you? Are you going to the open house for sure? I need to still book my ticket..

Mar 7, 13 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
tinson49

@realestate101

Yes. You are true. Their spring break starts at May 16th. So the result will probably comes next Monday.

Mar 7, 13 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
Tanuja

@Batman Whaaat?! I talked to someone from SC and that told me they since I have a BA and not an architectural degree I am not able to apply to thru program!! They lied to me?! :(

Mar 7, 13 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
eternalized

Is anyone going to the Umich open house? Just booked my ticket :] 

Mar 7, 13 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
Tanuja

^ To their program *

Mar 7, 13 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
tinson49

@Tanuja

USC doesn't have program for no background students. But if you have strong portfolio or related background, you may be considered as a candidate. But you still have little chance to get in tho.

Mar 7, 13 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
Tanuja

@tinson49 Oh okay I see. Yeah because I have an email from them saying sorry you should look into a 3 year program, which we don't offer. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Mar 7, 13 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
e.m.g.

Is anyone going to Berkeley's open house? I live on the East Coast and while I really want to go I need some input if an open house is worth the trip out or if I could wait a few weeks and go on my own for a lesser priced ticket..

Mar 7, 13 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
sandhilldesign

I should calrify that I was accepted earlier to Harvard but did not post here until today

Mar 7, 13 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
gg_r

Okay, so Cornell.

Where you at.

Mar 7, 13 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
Tanuja

@red_g I know right?! So if WUSTL at the top of ur list right now?

Mar 7, 13 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
gg_r

@Tanuja Manohar

Yeah, but I still want to see Pratt and UVa, you know? I already know it is unlikely for the Cornell admission but it will still crush me. It will be super difficult for me to choose between what I have now. Given, IIT placed in Advanced Standing (2 yr), Syracuse I think was 3 yr, and I just asked WUSTL if I could be considered for 2+ or 2, since I do have a solid architecture background and I am currently interning at a firm, which by the time I get to St. Louis would be about 7 months of professional experience.

If I don't get into Cornell, and Wash U places me in 2+ I will go for Wash U. BUT, if not.

I'm going to american idol.

Mar 7, 13 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
gg_r

I am in the 3 March/MUD 7 semester program, but I don't know how much it could change since I only want to pursue my M. ARCH I. Hoping it's less than 3 yrs.

#architecturestudentproblems

Mar 7, 13 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
twix

any clue when Columbia and MIT decisions come out? 

Mar 7, 13 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
e.m.g.

From what I understand, Columbia will not come out until probably the week of the 18th...the 15th-ish is the earliest they would make a decision.

Mar 7, 13 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
Tanuja

@red Those are some tough decisions to make. But all the schools you have to chose from are great so you'll be fine! This is definitely a "first world problem" meme Haha

Mar 7, 13 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
helenakeys

Cornell AAP M.Arch I just out!!!

Cornell IN +12,000$..... less than Yale... will decline offer.

Mar 7, 13 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
robdmob

@Helenakeys Must be nice. Haha just kidding, congrats.

Mar 7, 13 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
lopes0421

@helenakeys

Congrats! How and when did you find out about Cornell?

Mar 7, 13 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
helenakeys

2:14pm eastern, by email :)

thanks!

Mar 7, 13 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
thinkgreen

Waitlisted at Clemson this morning. Still waiting on Cornell XD

Mar 7, 13 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
clack

@emg 

Did you get accepted to Berkeley already?  If so, what program?

Mar 7, 13 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
e.m.g.

@Clack

Yes! So excited..I was accepted to their MArch/MCP program. I was wondering if anyone might be going to the open house?

@thinkgreen

That's awesome about Clemson! I'm still waiting to hear from them, how did they contact you? :)

Mar 7, 13 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
AA23

OH LORD !! In at Cornell M.Arch 1 !!!! 

I hope I don't wake up ! Ever.

Only $12G though :( ... The tuition still way out of my reach .. Did anyone here get more ?

Mar 7, 13 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
lopes0421

@AA23

Nice! Congrats! I am hoping to get the same news soon. Did you find out via email?

Mar 7, 13 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
LLJKedge

@Clack

I haven't heard anything about Berkeley either-- we'll see, I think, next week...

Mar 7, 13 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
AA23

@lopes0421

Yeah, email to check the website for the decision .. There was a link to the "Apply Now" page .. Go and login !!

Mar 7, 13 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
AA23

Does anyone know how big the Cornell M.Arch I class is each year..?

Mar 7, 13 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
yyymmm

Got in Cornell MArch 1 too. $16000. But they have really good TA opportunities an it is possible to receive the full amount in 2nd 3 rd year. No fin aid info from Yale and GSD yet...bummer

Mar 7, 13 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
tinson49

@AA23
Congrats! I just get rejected from Cornell. I guess it's a small class!

Mar 7, 13 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
thinkgreen

@e.m.g thanks :) nervewracking! Via Email

It's a no for Cornell. :'( Ah well that WAS my long shot choice. 

Mar 7, 13 3:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: