Archinect
anchor

2013 M.Arch Applicants, Commiserate Here!

LLJKedge

@ Clack

I doubt it.  GradCafe shows people only receiving their acceptances today.  I also applied, but man, there's nothing we can do about it now anyway. 

Mar 12, 13 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
mtt9999

@jk3hl This proof is only an international requirement. just as if an American were to go overseas for school.

proof that you will not go on the welfare system basically

· 
rrnkenshin

@clack

same question... Is there any chance for those who have not heard from Berkeley?

@LLJKedge

There were also acceptance posts on the 11th on gradcafe. Berkeley is a moon shot for me, but some how I'm still hoping for a miracle... And you're right, what can we do now but waiting and praying.. Good luck to you!

· 
helenakeys

Princeton MArch I out

gradcafe entries seem legit

Mar 12, 13 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
Tanuja

Omg rejected from Oregon and wustl. Losing hope for my other schools!! :(((

Mar 12, 13 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
my.boo

@helenakeys

Did you get an email from princeton? I still haven't heard anything, and seeing the acceptances roll out is making me pretty anxious.

Mar 12, 13 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
lauralich

Just got accepted to University of Oregon MArch II - Eugene!  Still waiting on UW Seattle, Columbia, and Montana State.

Mar 12, 13 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
helenakeys

nop im just quoting what i see from gradcafe

Mar 12, 13 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
j.maher

FINALLY rejected by Cornell. was a relief to know though

Mar 12, 13 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
thinkgreen

I haven't heard from WUSTL, Berkeley or Pratt yet! What does this mean? I though for sure I'd hear from WUSTL. Looking at all of you guys I am starting to think I should've applied to more schools! Only did 6. 

and to whoever asked about Clemson. I was waitlisted there a few days ago. 

@Tanuja how did you find out about your finaid from Syracuse?

Mar 12, 13 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
e.m.g.

@thinkgreen

How did you find out you were waitlisted? I called Clemson this morning because when I log onto their grad page, and click "application status check" and type in my ID it says, "no application on file." Then when I go to the log in and log into my account to view my application materials, it just says "complete"...

They told me on the phone I had been admitted to MArch but I never received an email and I'm very confused about how others found out?

Mar 12, 13 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
JReynders

I got accepted into WUSTL M.Arch program Sunday night.

I was denied at UT-Austin for Urban Design.

I'm still waiting on UO but WUSTL was my first choice so I'm not too concerned.

I haven't checked much of this thread but anybody else starting M.Arch at WUSTL fall '13?

Mar 12, 13 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
vcrx

congrats to all those who got into Princeton!!!! very excited for all of you! i did not have coverage when they seemed to have called people, but i'm pretty sure i didn't get in - i got into GSAPP and its a good fit for me in many regards - i love princeton's program and would just like to communicate my excitement for those who have the fortune to attend :-)

Mar 12, 13 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
jacobcohen

Has anyone heard from UBC or University of Toronto? and if so how?

Mar 12, 13 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
observant

@ tanuja:  sorry to hear about U of O.  Same happened to me.  I really don't know what they want(ed).  You have to speak THEIR language on your essays, it seems.  At any rate, you're in good shape and have other choices, IIR.

Mar 12, 13 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
New ARch

Have admitted to some good schools. Got a problem.. I didn't think about tuition when I was applying:D  Now got a question about Temple, since it is one of the cheapest I have applied.

got admitted to Temple U (2yr)

Anyone knows anything about the program...????

Where can I find some works of grad students of Temple?

Didn't find any gallery on their website!

Mar 12, 13 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
gg_r

@JReynders

WUSTL Fall 2013, possibly here, buddy!

Still waiting on Pratt and got waitlisted at Cornell. Also in at IIT Chicago (AP), and Syracuse, but I am already disregarding Syracuse.

Mar 12, 13 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
e.m.g.

@observant...what schools did you apply to when you were going through this?

Mar 12, 13 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
observant

@ e.m.g.

UVa, UO, UW, Rice, Georgia Tech, UFl, CU-Denver and my school (lol, at curtkram et. al.).

Denied at the first 4.  Accepted at the last 4.  (Got literature for about another handful, too).

Mar 12, 13 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
e.m.g.

For some reason I thought you were at Michigan...thanks! :)

Mar 12, 13 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
JReynders

@gg_r

I'm bad at acronyms. UW-Seattle. Not Washington University in Saint Louis. My mistake, nothing to see here...

Mar 12, 13 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
observant

^

Would have GLADLY applied, and probably been accepted, but they had a December finish (7 semesters) then.  If set up like they are now, with the full summer to start, I would have.  I have a tremendous amount of respect for that school, and any of its graduates I've worked with, or met,.

Mar 12, 13 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
Tanuja

@thinkgreen The letter I received did not say anything about money so I'm assuming I didn't get any. That might have been for scholarships only though, not fafsa.

Mar 12, 13 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
yyymmm

Apparently I missed a call today...and I looked it up it is a number calling from skype...could it be admittance?

Mar 12, 13 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
gg_r

Has anyone talked to anyone in Pratt?

Mar 12, 13 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
j.maher

Rejected by GSD and Cornell in the same hour. Best day of my life

Mar 12, 13 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
mvda

Out at Harvard M. Arch II :(

· 
sensation

rejected from GSD M.Arch ll via email... lol saw that coming.. anyways i already accepted my offer from my first choice, GSAPP..

"Dear ---,

We regret to inform you that after careful consideration of your application, the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you admission to the Harvard Graduate School of Design.  We would like to underscore that the Committee is keenly aware that there are many strong candidates whom we are unable to admit.

We very much appreciate your interest in the Harvard GSD and wish you the best in your educational and career pursuits.

Sincerely,

Gail Gustafson and Geri Nederhoff
Directors of Admission"

· 
jacobcohen

Rejected from GSD just got the email.

So far in at: Cornell and Wustl.

Waiting: penn, university of Toronto and UBC

Mar 12, 13 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
tinson49

Finally get rejected letter from GSD just now. Wish everyone good luck!

· 
rachelmjkang

Finally just got rejection letter from GSD... good luck everyone. 

· 
tinson49

So we can make sure that if we don't get acception at the first time, we get rejected. No any hope at all!
Anyway, it's a good sign! We don't need to wait several days for hopeless results!

Mar 12, 13 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
kiana-hosseini

Rejected from GSD. Kinda happy!

Mar 12, 13 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
tomahawks619

@gg_r

Pratt is in spring break right now, I assume they are sending out their results within next week hopefully. I know they have 1st tier scholarship which is 21k and 2nd tier scholarship 17k

Does anybody know about when does Sci Arc results come in I heard april 1st but some people are getting calls already. 

To the people who got calls , do you have architecture background or not 

Mar 12, 13 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
e.m.g.

Rejected at the GSD. "We still have admissions decisions to make"....why do I feel like we were the butt of a cruel joke?.... Anyways I'm glad I had already accepted this fact and I'm really relieved that now I can just move on :) We're in good company!

Good luck everyone!! And congrats to those that DID get admitted to the GSD! :)

Mar 12, 13 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
sensation

if we received a scholarship (e.g. 1st tier) from a school.. once the school sends out the financial aid package, is it possible to receive grants as well???

Mar 12, 13 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
helenakeys

@kioola

same here... i feel relieved finally lol!!! all i needed was closure!

just looking forward to MIT

Mar 12, 13 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
ziazia
Rejected to GSD.. Such a relief!
Mar 12, 13 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
deals on wheels

| Rejected to GSD.. Such a relief!

Real talk. I'm somewhat relieved as well. Thought Career Discovery might help me get in, but oh well.

Mar 12, 13 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
thinkgreen

@e.m.g

I received notification via email.

Mar 12, 13 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
kiana-hosseini

Maybe this was GSD's plan all along: Torture people for so long that no one would really get upset about getting rejected at the end.

Mar 12, 13 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
royc

Heard from UBC via mail -- accepted with advanced standing.

Mar 12, 13 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
l3wis

thanks for the info bout cornell!

has anyone asked YSOA about when they're sending financial aid?

Mar 12, 13 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
vcrx

@kioola - yes i think this was planned to be the least hurtful. and i think this is the best they could do. it is not ever easy to say no.

Mar 12, 13 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
jesusmaldonado

Harvard reject

Mar 12, 13 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
Dima Srouji

@jk3hl I've receive my financial aid info from YSOA via mail. Some people also got an email, but I didn't get that. If you're international it might be on the way! Good luck. 

Mar 12, 13 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
TnArch101

LADY GAGA and I are Princeton's rejects - but she turned her bitterness into a passable multi-hit song ALEJANDRO 

Mar 12, 13 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

to those who say they're relived to get rejected by Harvard.. why is that? xD

anyways.. quoting the email from Harvard above, "We would like to underscore that the Committee is keenly aware that there are many strong candidates whom we are unable to admit."  Yikes!  if the strong candidates aren't admitted, do you have to be God-like to get admited? xD

anyways.. there is always the next year.. All those rejected can join me when I apply and you all will have an upperhand over us first timers :)

Mar 12, 13 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
w.a.harcho

The waiting is finally over.

In: UTSOA, Berkeley

Out: GSD, YSOA

Never really saw myself as an Ivy kind of guy anyway.

Mar 12, 13 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
sensation

@w.a.harcho.. why you don't see yourself "as an Ivy kind of guy"?

Mar 12, 13 6:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: