Archinect
anchor

UCL March

I am applying to the MArch at the Bartlett, but am confused about whether to apply for the MArch in Architecture or in Graduate Architectural Design.

At first I was leaning towards the MArch in Architecture because the Design Unitis seem more interesting, and it would be nice to do a two year instead of a 1 year program.

However I have a 5 year BArch from the AUB, and I'm reading things about how a part II RIBA course is basically just an undergrad diploma.

The GAD sounds more advanced.

Is the part II RIBA super important to have in order to get a job in the UK?

Any insights about the difference between these two courses? 

Jan 31, 13 1:41 pm
willpriv

Hi mazboudi, 

The MArch Part II is equivalent to your 5 year Architecture degree. They split the course in the UK (first 3 years is Part I and MArch, 2 years is Part II). I have exhaustively researched masters programs in design in the UK and will def be applying for the MArch GAD later this year (I hold a 5 year arch degree from Malta). As regards, employment you would be considered a part II graduate as you are now, however reading for a masters in design in a UK institution would set up for a better chance as regards contacts, etc etc.  

Apr 24, 13 5:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: