Archinect
anchor

Construction Document Training

Jan 21 '13 6 Last Comment
Gail RayGail Ray
Jan 21, 13 5:57 pm

I'm wanting to expose my team of young interns to great quality construction documents and how to organize a project.  If I had been planning ahead I would have kept some drawing sets myself.  Can anybody reccomend a good book or website or blog that covers this for commercial or healthcare architecture?  Thanks for you help Gail

chris moodychris moody
Jan 22, 13 3:56 pm

Hi Gail,

" A Manual of Construction Documentation"(Glenn Wiggins, AIA) is a book I found helpful.

Sincerely,

Chris

Kevin W.Kevin W.
Jan 22, 13 4:08 pm

There is a very good construction document manual by Fred Stitt that every library should have.

MyDream
Jan 23, 13 9:04 am

CSi project delivery  practice guide book is suppose to teach you about such things but what i have got from it is mostly about professional roles and contracts and stuff so far. I havent gotten into the study work book yet but it is to get you ready for a construction documents exam. It is not specific to any type area but a general knowledge sort of thing there is also a book and test in contract adminstration,speicifer etc.

http://www.csinet.org/Main-Menu-Category/Certification/CDT

rexiewilson
Apr 22, 13 6:13 am

There re architectural guidelines in form of ebooks that you can download online. That is what I did, reading all necessary documentation in a certain field, I also got ideas from www.sunlinemesh.com it is a construction supply industry that focuses on fiberglass stucco mesh.

Miles JaffeMiles Jaffe
Apr 22, 13 10:34 am

"If I had been planning ahead I would have kept some drawing sets myself."

An architect that doesn't keep records? LOL I wonder if that "team of young interns" is imaginary, too.

accesskb
Apr 22, 13 4:27 pm

It sounds like you work in a firm that hires interns.  Why not open that archived project folder, click print on that pdf file and you got yourself a full construction set in half an hour ..

but oh wait.. your firm still draws by hand and doesn't keep backups of projects?

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading