Archinect
anchor

Greetings! Here to Learn and receive great Advice! HELP!

2011IDAWSON

Hey Everybody!!!

I just registered because I saw the debate on yahoo and ebony about architecture being one of the most hated degrees and it blew me away!

I'm in college right now taking basics and I was hoping to go into architecture, but when I heard that I had to hit my breaks, that's why I'm here looking for College Major and Career Advice!

I'm 19 right now and whenever I graduate I want to start working immediately in my profession (whatever it may be) and get my checks lol! I thought architecture would do that but I don't really know that much about architecture, I've just started taking interest in it because it looked like a promising future ( I thought being an architect by the time I was 22 would be very cool ) in the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook:

( http://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/architects.htm )

I don't know what to do. At the first University I most recently attended, I studied graphic design and I just didn't think it was for me, I felt like there was some other creative occupation I could get into with more recognition and admiration of my work without having to paint and play on the computer all day.

I can draw almost anything I want. I received very good grades in my college drawing class and everything I just don't really paint. I'm a very well rounded student, I can learn almost anything. I believe that's the key to success. I've thought about Marketing, but people tell me it's more sales than creating, so that was out. I'm just lost and am ALL EARS!

THANK YOU EVERYONE IN ADVANCE! ALL WORDS, CRITICISMS, OPINIONS, PERSONAL STORIES ARE WELCOME!

Jan 20, 13 1:30 am

2011Dawson,

Do what you love, or at least do what you enjoy.If you don't, it will bite you in the ass, later. Trust me. I speak from experience.

Jan 20, 13 11:18 am  · 
 · 
2011IDAWSON

Haha That's exactly what I'm trying to do, all I know is drawing! I'm just trying to put my skills to work!

Jan 20, 13 11:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: