Archinect
anchor

Uploading portfolio

New ARch

How do you upload portfolio via slideroom for graduate schools? Which one do you perfer?PDF or JPEG? Why?

Jan 14, 13 6:09 am
Thecyclist
PDF on issuu
Jan 14, 13 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
smg25

Should i upload my portfolio as PDF or jpeg on slideroom ? I have a 36 page indesign document . As the upload file size limit on slideroom is 10 MB, Which one to prefer ?

Nov 28, 14 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
ptrav

Certain schools will tell you which format they prefer. I know USC says to upload jpegs for slideroom.

Nov 28, 14 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
bugsmetoo

Slideroom's viewing format seems to prioritize single images over a document. So JPEG or PNG depending on context is more or less the only option it'll allow. Read the instructions and the system should also reject prohibited formats.

Export each page or spread from InDesign as image files then compress. Shouldn't be larger than 1MB on average if you know what you're doing. 

Nov 28, 14 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
smg25

thanx

Nov 29, 14 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
midfish

So I am preparing portfolios as hard copy and online for different schools. I have worked in spreads, and I have a separate page as a cover page. I was told by faculty that portfolios are viewed as spreads, but I don't know if I should have an even or an odd page count. So my question is, are all pages viewed as spreads, or the cover page is viewed individually, and others are viewed as spreads? I don't wanna mess it up.  

Does anyone have a suggestion? Please? 

Thanks!

Nov 29, 14 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
bugsmetoo

For a book, the cover page technically should be a single page with even pages so a spare at the very end acts as the end page.

For a PDF, it's not a big deal. When you have spreads and singles, most programs display either one page (background fill on the sides) or two and as long as the page sizes are all the same, the software doesn't make a big fuss over singles or spreads. The only time it might be annoying is when viewed vertically on an tablet or phone where the orientation will force reflow, But even then a tip to the side fixes all issues.

Nov 29, 14 7:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: