Archinect
anchor

any good office management web-based platforms?

can anyone recommend an online project management/office management software for me to look into? specifically, we'd like to track time (individual time sheets); do internal scheduling, contacts, etc.; and run some basic reports (ie project/time/profitability type reports). we'd love to be able to sync to our email but not essential. main thing for me would for it to be web-based, not server hosted. 

the one i'm benchmarking is this: solo which is amazingly well done. however... only supports one person (not a small company).

suggestions? thanks in advance.

Dec 19, 12 2:24 pm
grid

I hear good things about Harvest.

Dec 19, 12 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
grid

and Basecamp

Dec 19, 12 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
grid

This one too. Free for <30 users - Asana.

Dec 19, 12 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

grid - thanks. using asana already (it's fine for inter-office communications but no billing/time sheets, etc.). basecamp's a variation on asana - very nice on the eyes, but can't do time sheets either. not sure about harvest, but i'll look into it.

Dec 20, 12 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
alinaf111

We've been using ArchiOffice and are pretty happy with it. It's easy on the eyes and is a lot of help with project management. archioffice.com if you want to check it out. Good luck in your search!

Feb 1, 13 4:54 pm  · 
 · 

thanks - actually, we're poking around with something called "BigTime" to do tracking of hours/timesheets/reimbursables, etc. it's web based, seems very easy to use (easier, i hate to say, than archi-office) and we can centrally compile hours inside our accounting software. 

what we don't really have (that AO does) is a program to do project time budgeting against. we're still poking around. 

supposedly solo is going to release a multi-user platform this year. really, really, really hoping that they do.

Feb 2, 13 9:13 am  · 
 · 

Any luck with the office management software hunt? I looked up Big Time and it seems promising. I tried AO last month and was surprised how simple it looked in the demo but how difficult it was to use in reality. Also came across Praesto from basebuilders.com which looked interesting but has no web access and leaves a lot to be desired in the interface.

Mar 12, 13 12:23 am  · 
 · 
dia

Greg,

Try Workflowmax - now owned by Xero which I use for my accounting... I have not used it yet, but will get to it shortly.

http://www.workflowmax.com/

D

Mar 12, 13 4:55 am  · 
 · 
Susan Ankenman

i would love to get some feedback on the office management software you have been trying. We have been running ArchiOffice since 2008 and have experienced nothing but frustration since we did the so called "upgrade". It has cost us thousands of dollars and hundreds of lost hours of admin time. It makes calculation errors on invoices and no longer exports to my accounting software as the previous version did. I cannot caution strongly enough to stay away from this software. We have persevered for 6 months but now we are resigned to finding new software and inputting  all our data again from scratch.

Jul 1, 13 2:12 pm  · 
 · 

hi - so, to answer your questions: for timesheet billing we've ultimately gone with an online service called BigTime, which is made by intuit but is really lightweight and easy to use. it also exports back to our quicken. we do some invoices out of QB, but some we have to follow the client's format and use our own.

for time budgeting/planning... i don't have any real favorites. i'm still using asana for myself (which i love, especially now that it syncs with a lot of google's offerings and dropbox). but, it's been harder to get larger groups on it and/or do any kind of time/project planning. 

Jul 2, 13 6:15 pm  · 
 · 

(solo's not multi-user yet, so... yeah...)

Jul 2, 13 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
ikhlaqbhat

Gregory,

For the record, BigTime is not made by Intuit. It's from a small company out of Chicago.

Ikhlaq

Jul 12, 13 2:11 pm  · 
 · 

ikhlaq - maybe we're talking different programs? this is the address when i log in:

intuit.bigtime.net

i'm guessing... intuit. at least for what we're using. maybe intuit bought them out?

Jul 12, 13 9:29 pm  · 
 · 
RossR911

Intuit seem pretty on to it.

Jul 13, 13 1:52 am  · 
 · 
ikhlaqbhat

Gregory,

That's not an Intuit URL. It's a sub-domain of bigtime.net. They can create another URL like microsoft.bigtime.net, that doesn't make it a URL from Microsoft. Maybe they are just using it for customers who integrate with QB. Are you?

Ikhlaq

Jul 15, 13 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Have you looked at Podio?

D

Jul 15, 13 6:00 pm  · 
 · 

ikhlaq - indeed we are. so that explains it. thanks.

Jul 15, 13 7:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: