Archinect
anchor

Affordable B. arch programs?

Massilee

So I'm receiving an aa in Arch and now applying to schools for their undergrad program OR accelerated masters programs. I'm learning towards USF's accelerated masters program because it is quick and affordable, and also up and coming. I'm applying to University of Texas's undergrad program as well. 

Is there any good undergrad programs I am missing out on that are affordable? I really can't seem to find many of them....

Thanks!

Dec 17, 12 5:00 pm
LITS4FormZ

Staying in-state is  good way to earn an affordable degree. 

Dec 17, 12 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
thakopian

Depends on your level of financial support. Some schools may start with a high price tag but discount the cost if you are eligible for aid or scholarships.

Public universities are generally less expensive but you have to do the research to find the best offers.

That time frame you are talking about also makes a difference, some schools transfer you to the first year of studio setting you back to 0. The faster you can get your degree the better.

Dec 17, 12 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
aphorismal

Cal Poly SLO.  Virginia Tech is also very good, but Cal Poly is consistently ranked top 5 by DI and their grads get recruited all over the country.

Dec 17, 12 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
Kamu Kakizaki

cooper union is an all ride scholarship... wait they might be charging a little bit starting this year but definitely the most financial option. 

a lot of state schools also have a 4+2 program for a M.Arch so that would widen your options for in-state tuition, and it would be only 1 more year than a B.Arch. 

Dec 18, 12 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
Massilee

Thank you for all of the input!

Will definitely be checking out all of those places

Dec 21, 12 3:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: